Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new Scat Pack and was going to get a CAI for it so I could put it on when it gets here but when I was looking around, some of them just look like they took the air box out and put a blue CAI filter on the inlet. I had one on a ten 5.7 I had and it had a nice looking silver tube that said MOPAR on it in blue besides the blue filter. Some pictures I see of older 6.4s have that silver tube on them.but it isn't near as long but does look beter than the black plastic look. Anyone know if the new CAI will have a silver tube it if I order it from the dealership? Thanks for ant help.
Rick

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
Unless you want a CAI for looks you’re better off with a Hellcat lower air box and tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, It was manly for looks. I didn't think any air intake added that many ponies. It just looks kind of cheap with all that plastic up there and I know when I put that MOPAR CAI on my 10 RT classic it made the engine bay look alot better,

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
I had the K&N on my 2010 RT Classic. I do like the blue one on the Shakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine wasn't a shacker but everything under the hood eas black or blue so the K&N wouldn't have looked right. That got totaled 10 years ago and so I'm starting over now. It was a dailly driver and I'll never put stuff on one of those again. It took the 10 years to get the wife what she wanted and me to be able t get a real play car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
The 5.7 has the throttle body on center

The 6.4 has it on the right corner, just off the air box, so no silver tube

A Guy

·
Registered
116 Posts
While the CAI isn't going to add much. The silver tube wouldn't have helped any anyway. It is just a nice big heat exchange to that gets hot a lot faster in the engine compartment and transfer that heat into the incoming air.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger shaker 392 scat pack.
49 Posts
I’m a fan of the factory mopar cold air kit on the 6.4 Looks the best, 100% perfect fitment. Has the option to run the tube from the headlight. And you won’t loose any warranty or have issues because it’s been changed.

I got my wife a blacked out k&n kit. Hated it, fit like crap and was just cheap all around. We got an OEM mopar kit and have been way happier. Mine came stock with one as well and Iater added the inlet tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts