Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an aFe stage 2 CAI. I'm going to attempt to install it ASAP. I read somewhere that it is necessary to disconnect the Neg. terminal of the battery. Instead of doing that, is there a fuse that can be removed? If so which fuse? Thanks in advance for any reply.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Im sure Ive probably done something dangerous, but my last three cars Ive put CAIs on them and havent disconnected the battery or pulled a fuse. Somebody needs to explain why thats really necessary for this particular mod.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't do either when I installed my JMB CAI. No issues and I didn't expect any as nothing really changed in terms of tune or airflow. One thing I did is I bought a new IAT sensor as I left the stock IAT in the stock airbox in case I need to put it back on for a trip to the dealer. (Don't want to jinx myself)

I just plugged the new IAT into the elbow on the CAI and plugged the harness back in. I didn't feel like that would be causing any electrical issues.

Now, I could see disconnecting the battery if you were doing a throttle-body change or working on the computer box itself, that would make sense.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I just received an aFe stage 2 CAI. I'm going to attempt to install it ASAP. I read somewhere that it is necessary to disconnect the Neg. terminal of the battery. Instead of doing that, is there a fuse that can be removed? If so which fuse? Thanks in advance for any reply.
I think this is more for safety than anything else. However, when you disconnect the battery for a long time, it'll reset your learning adaptives which can also be done by pulling fuse 11 for 10 seconds.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Going to try to install today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts