Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, some information. I have a 2015 R/T A8. I am getting a whipple stage 2 installed. I run a Hellcat lower box, air catcher tube and a AEM drop in filter. Should I switch to something with a Cone Filter for more surface area? New Hellcat Hood with the mega expensive OEM Hellcat intake, old SRT (current T/A hood) with the ducting kit and cone filter and new open lid? Would it even clear with a Whipple? Will my box/filter flow enough air to not be a restriction? I am thinking it will be enough but just want to see what others are doing.

Thanks,
F.J.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Okay, some information. I have a 2015 R/T A8. I am getting a whipple stage 2 installed. I run a Hellcat lower box, air catcher tube and a AEM drop in filter. Should I switch to something with a Cone Filter for more surface area? New Hellcat Hood with the mega expensive OEM Hellcat intake, old SRT (current T/A hood) with the ducting kit and cone filter and new open lid? Would it even clear with a Whipple? Will me box/filter flow enough air to not be a restriction? I am thinking it will be enough but just want to see what others are doing.

Thanks,
F.J.
General rule of thumb I go by is if it's a stock block the stock intake is fine.

I run a modified K&N on my Magnuson, your setup probably flows the same or more air

Reactions: Frank Julian
1 - 3 of 3 Posts