Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to figure out what is the best way to go with my 2012 challenger I understand that the more air you can put into an engine and the same with the exhaust the more horsepower you can produce. I do not want to go with the supercharger or change the cam.

My only Mod so far has been a Mopar CAI.

I am trying to figure out who makes and would fit into my configuration for a throttle Body Don't know if I should even go up to a 80mm depends on the warranty

As for headers don't really know long or short, make or model. I am thinking about getting the (3") Borla Atak exhaust system with Electric cut outs.(suggestion here would be helpful also)

Would Like some feedback if you can.

Thanks Kevin :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I have the kooks long tubes and borla atak. after hearing the car at WOT on the dyno I decided it was plenty loud and didn't install cut outs.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I am trying to figure out what is the best way to go with my 2012 challenger I understand that the more air you can put into an engine and the same with the exhaust the more horsepower you can produce. I do not want to go with the supercharger or change the cam.

My only Mod so far has been a Mopar CAI.

I am trying to figure out who makes and would fit into my configuration for a throttle Body Don't know if I should even go up to a 80mm depends on the warranty

As for headers don't really know long or short, make or model. I am thinking about getting the (3") Borla Atak exhaust system with Electric cut outs.(suggestion here would be helpful also)

Would Like some feedback if you can.

Thanks Kevin :scratchhead:
Is this a 5.7 or SRT? If it is a SRT it already has shorty headers on it so I would only go long tubes for the most bang. The TB is 80mm stock so your choice are 85 87 90mm. 85 and 87mm are the most popular,

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 2012 SRT 8, 392

·
Banned
697 Posts
Long tubes will net you much stronger gains than shorties. If you get the Kooks long tubes and their midpipe it will bolt-up without modification to any of the aftermarket cat backs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts