Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I've understood all along that CAI doesn't provide much HP increase on a stock car, primarily because of fender pulled cold air (stock) versus warmer underhood air (aftermarket CAI).

However, if a tune is entered into the equation, such as a Diablo intune, does the conclusion change? I understand air temps won't, but does the tuner compensate so that at the end of the day there is an incremental HP increase?

Bottom line, I am stock other than a drop-in air filter, but I'm now planning on getting a Diablo intune. Is there any HP benefit (lets say more than 2-3) to me picking up a CAI with the tuner?

·
Registered
535 Posts
You can't go wrong with Diablo

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,964 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey on the new'r 2011+ whats to keep anyone from going to Home Depot, buying the correct dia. dryer tubing, and having your very own fender pull CAI. You could bring it right behind the spoiler vents (SRT8) and have a true ram air

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hey on the new'r 2011+ whats to keep anyone from going to Home Depot, buying the correct dia. dryer tubing, and having your very own fender pull CAI. You could bring it right behind the spoiler vents (SRT8) and have a true ram air
Not uncommon...a few people on Challengertalk have done it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
u can use the 93 tune with no mods and stock air filter the air filther healps but not by much my diablo gave me a bit more power it barks a little harder now (im also a automatic) i recently put in a kn cai and bumped of the tuning for it 7% in all rpm ranges (diablo told me this was equall to a cai tune bottom line u will see a decent difrence with the programmer

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Diablosport Programer

Get your programer from the Hemi guy with a fever and you will get a FREE upgraded tune. He also has CAI, TB's, and thermostats.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,403 Posts
Thanks, but does this apply to the 5.7? I have an R/T.
I'm running a K&N CAI and the 2011+ sensor. The 2011+ sensor fits the 5.7 and 6.4 just make sure your connector is gray and yellow like the one on the right. Some 2009 and 2010 used the black connector and some used the gray connector....

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The CAI wont add much, thats with or without the tune. The tuner alone will make quite a difference especially on the auto.

Whether you NEED a CAI all depends on what your end goals are. Do you ever plan on supercharging? If yes, then dont waste the money. Just bolt on's and a custom tune? Then I would say get the LMI fender pull since it will give you the most consistent cooler air.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts