Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered my Magnuson blower and im wondering if it's possible to make my current K&N CAI setup work with the supercharger.

This is the style intake I have, do you think I could just cut the chrome tube down to size and make it work? Really don't wanna spend another $3-400 on an intake.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok let me ask this, does anybody know the Diameter of the hole in the stock intake?

Or the diameter of the coupler provided with the supercharger kit? Just wanna know if I gotta order a new pipe before I go to install it.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody knows the diameter? The intake tube on my k&n is 3.5", is it 4" on the Magnuson coupler? I wonder if it'd be beneficial going to a 4" intake or just finding a 3.5" coupler

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,876 Posts
I think I listed it in a post somewhere I will look for it.

Nope, this was the thread I was thinking about but I never posted the dimensions and I don't remember it offhand.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,876 Posts
Tried looking up the size of the shaker filter but no dice. I can measure with calipers when I get home though.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's actually the same diameter as the outside of the throttle body, I may just get a matching sized coupler that is smaller diameter to make it work. I'm sure I won't be sacrificing any power since it's the same size as the throttle body anyway.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,876 Posts
Unless you are pushing double digit boost you are not. In fact, I remember a thread where someone bought a ported magnuson snout and a ported TB and was disappointed in the marginal gains for the cost.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless you are pushing double digit boost you are not. In fact, I remember a thread where someone bought a ported magnuson snout and a ported TB and was disappointed in the marginal gains for the cost.
Yea I only see cars with 2650s pushing 14+ that actually make gains worth the money from porting. My performance goal is just to be in the middle between a scat pack and hellcat.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,183 Posts
I don't see the point of it...

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice build! how much power is the 392 stroker putting out and how much boost?
is your cai same as the one chally posted on #5

sorry JD, sounds like im highjacking your thread:)
All good, iirc he's running something like 12-14lbs

Reactions: gerv
1 - 14 of 14 Posts