Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all you Calgary gear heads. Who do you trust with your ride, and why?

From dealerships to auto detailers to performance shops. Let’s hear all about the good the bad and the ugly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Going to davenport next week for tune on 08 eforce supercharged 6.1; Have talked to them a few times seem very professional and personable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Davenport here as well. Will be getting my exhaust done through them here shortly (once it arrives). Very professional and knowledgeable, and their staff is getting a lot more familiar and comfortable with Challenger Tuning.

Also had some work done at StripeTech (3M Film), was happy with that work as well.

General maintenance is done through the dealership as I lost my garage in a move. LAD's Auto takes care of my tires (ended up getting them shipped up to them from Tirerack, and have stuck with them since).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I trust very very few.I have been burnt in a lot of ways from shops and people.I had my 1969 road runner getting work on by the guy it was ahead of our mopar club and he had it for a while.I end up finging out after there was know more car club he was takeing my road runner to car shows saying it was his and winning That is just one of the things its happen to my cars I have had.I could write a book on many ways I have been BURNT.hemib5blue

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had always thought Davenport was more of a Chevy shop. (My buddy takes his vette there). I would be interested in hearing how they do with your guy's Challengers. I once heard a rumour of an equivalant shop that specialized in Mopars, just for the life of me can't remember the name, or maybe they were just that, a rumour.

So what about the regular maintenance like oil, rad flush, brakes, alignment ? DIY or Canadian Tire ? LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had always thought Davenport was more of a Chevy shop. (My buddy takes his vette there). I would be interested in hearing how they do with your guy's Challengers. I once heard a rumour of an equivalant shop that specialized in Mopars, just for the life of me can't remember the name, or maybe they were just that, a rumour.
Very much so, but they we saying they're getting more and more work on the Challengers, so they're welcoming it. They had just finished supercharging one when I was in talking about my exhaust system.

I myself haven't heard of any shop for Mopar myself, which is too bad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Got my challenger back last week from Davenport went from 420 hp and 420 torque to 498 hp and 490 torque. This was on a eforce supercharged 6.1 running 7 lbs boost. The factory tune was way to rich at below 10 to 1 air fuel. Now at wot its right at 12 to 1 af. Yes they are a little pricey but its Calgary after all. They also build stroker motors there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts