Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Challenger R/T 2019 and would like to modify more than just the external, but living where I do(California) puts heavy limitations on my ability to do that .

Searching for compliant part is a huge pain. It just takes me to the same parts but has no indicator on whats legal or what isn't untill I get to the pay window.

Does anyone know sites or pages that can lead me in the right direction so I can finally give my car the extras she been begging for?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Compliant parts will have to have a CARB certification decal. You might try searching the CARB website and see what they have to say on the subject.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,111 Posts
Welcome from the Bay Area ;) If you are searching parts that are not specific to one sight, try looking them up on Summit. They usually list EO#s as a filter

The CARB lookup site will tale you some time

Be aware, the time it takes for some parts testing to get an EO# can be long, and with Covid, seems like many 2019 parts are either not approved yet, or not tested

No long tube headers are CARB approved, not sure about shorties for 2019

BUT...new cars bought in California, that are 8 or less model-years old, are exempt from smog checks. So you have 8 years to play :D

A Guy

Reactions: GREY RT

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Well you got 8 years till your first smog so thats what thing to consider.

Consider oem upgrade parts....

Shorty headers from a scat pack is a common one

Drop in high flow filter for the intake box

Suspension/wheels/tires

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from the Bay Area ;) If you are searching parts that are not specific to one sight, try looking them up on Summit. They usually list EO#s as a filter

The CARB lookup site will tale you some time

Be aware, the time it takes for some parts testing to get an EO# can be long, and with Covid, seems like many 2019 parts are either not approved yet, or not tested

No long tube headers are CARB approved, not sure about shorties for 2019

BUT...new cars bought in California, that are 8 or less model-years old, are exempt from smog checks. So you have 8 years to play :D

A Guy
Thank you! When I have the time ill be reviewing all the information sent!

Good luck in California. California is the wet blanket for all kinds of fun.
Ya so I've seen. While I love my new Hemi...The horses can't gallop and she can't roar...Makes me sad. But I wanna do what I can. She's my first real car that wasn't what I "Had to get"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts