Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'd like to paint my brake calipers, and I was thinking it would look really cool to do the ivory tricoat on the caliper mounts and redline tricoat on the calipers themselves. Has anyone done a tricoat on their calipers before? I'm wondering if the tricoat really stands out on calipers being in the relatively dark environment behind the wheels. If not, then I'll probably just stick with standard colors. Does anyone have any personal experience here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 R/T
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks as though I am venturing off into the great unknown. Will report back with the outcome, probably later in June.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
I don't know if it will be noticeable, but having a great paint job can never be wrong ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 R/T
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrap them like I did. Reflective at night and gets attention left and right. On now for 6k miles and no peeling or fading yet.
Those look pretty rad. If I hadn't already bought the caliper paint, I'd probably do that.

I've got redline tricoat waiting to go on. Hopefully this weekend if I can get the time.

·
Registered
2016 R/T
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the painting Saturday afternoon, cured through Sunday, and here they are! There is certainly none of the characteristic "glitteryness" of the tricoats, but the color looks great nevertheless. The photos of the calipers with the wheels off show how the color looks under high intensity light. This color is actually a bit brighter than I'd like due to the high glossiness of the paint, however the wheels actually block so much light that the color is just about perfect under the lower light intensity conditions present with the wheels on.

Next, an appropriate set of decals. Can't decide if I want to go with a more traditional CHALLENGER, or something more personal/custom.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts