Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about painting mine Red.

Is high temp engine paint ok, or do I really need "special" caliper paint?

·
Super Moderator
14,221 Posts
High quality caliper paint, like G2, is preferable. It is epoxy-based and will give the calipers a durable and nice glossy appearance.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
762 Posts
I used VHT. Several coats of color and 2 coats of clear. Like SRT8 Mike, Brembo decals were purchased on eBay. Very happy with the results. I removed the calipers from the car to paint them. Be careful with VHT during reassembly because the paint needs significant heat to fully cure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
After you guys put the decals back on, did you clear coat over them? I am planning on doing the G2 kit on mine, already have the decals. Just can't figure out if I should clear over them or not. I know G2 says not to clear.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
762 Posts
I put the decal over the clear. One year and 3K miles later they are still perfect.

Reactions: Upstate 392

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last year I painted mine on my Scat Pack. This pant worked amazing. Bought Brembo decals on eBay. Looked factory.
Will one can do all 4 calipers??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts
Spend extra time on the prep, poor prep it won't matter how good the paint ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And then some. This is self leveling paint. The first coat looks a little rough until it drys. Second coat is smooth as glass. I installed decals last. No clear.
So you put on 2 coats?

·
Registered
62 Posts
And then some. This is self leveling paint. The first coat looks a little rough until it drys. Second coat is smooth as glass. I installed decals last. No clear.

Those look great, I am hoping for similar results.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In these paint applications, was this sprayed in or applied with brush. The self leveling aspect appears to me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts