Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Calling all mechanics, I need reassuring on axle issue.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Clifford Luck 
#1 ·
I'll try and keep short, Story line: I blew my right axle 2 weeks ago leaving work. Can wasn't under high torque just going from first to second (auto) uphill leaving work.

It went into dealer and had axle replaced. Upon picking up late from dealer after service center had closed. I turned it over and abs/esp lights wouldn't go off. So thought at first that it wasn't reset during power disconnect. On the way home right rear tire didn't sound right to me. (was hard to judge cause I just got car second week of October and hadn't drove much) But then at braking I heard a sqeal from same tire. Mainly at lower speed braking. Also could hear metal sound from there like a clicking at higher speed.

Well back to dealer it went next day. I just got call from a very frustrated and almost upset mechanic. He said without downing on his guys under him that the hub bearing should of been replaced at same time. Cause he found metal in hub which was throwing off a.b.s system and wheel sensor went bad. he replaced hub bearing and took for test drive again. WELL lights came back on again and he said something sounded off. (WHY WOULDN'T THEY CHECK THE WHOLE AREA FIRST?) :scratchhead:

He looked again and told me during our call that I need Another new axel cause hub bearing destroyed the nods on the axle that signal part of the abs system and speed.

They now ordered another axle and 2 hub bearing to replace the rear end hubs at same time. And to top off my day when they went to start again, it was a no go. They also are replacing my ignition module. A W.I.N I believe they called it. Sorry at that point I was no longer active listening to him.

***So much for short right,sorry. But wanted to explain.***

****My Question???? Does this all sound about right to the mechanics on here or am I being lead astray and part of a service department cover up >:)lol ***

I just want my dam car back!! :crying: And now I"m being told 2-3 more days at least. :fight:

See less See more
#2 ·
From the way your telling it, it seems like the dealership just messed up the first time. They are making it right, so they are replacing the 2nd time, what should have been replaced the 1st time.

As long as its under warranty and they appear to be trying to correct the problem, it sounds legit. to me.

Reactions: Clifford Luck
#3 · (Edited)
Still waiting to hear when ill get my baby back. Nothing worse then having dress up parts in garage for a car I don't have. Need to install the fun stuff. Lol

#4 ·
***update*** Car came back a bit ago, so far so good sort of....... New axles and hub bearing and new rear wheel sensors. Ignition works well, and seems way tighter then before if that description makes scence. Car running good. But twice now after a bit long of an idle my lights for esp and tire pressue and also a red dot light came on and tach seems to jump during it. After a restart of the car it would go away. didn't effect anything while driving just chimed and tahc jumped.(about 500-800 rpm's) Going to keep eye on it. I almost think previous owner had a tune and something is now off. I will see how things go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.