Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 Maximum Steel Metallic
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As is turned out a few months back I sold my Hellraisin Shaker WBSP because I just couldn't pass on the money I was being offered.
After missing having a Challenger in the family, I found a really clean local car with a good maintenance and service record for the right price.

Ended up bringing home this 2016 Challenger SRT 392 in Maximum Steel Metallic with 26k miles on the clock. After having the scatpack and now this SRT 392 it makes me smile knowing that these bad boys came loaded with almost every option before the stripper cars became standard in 2019, thus the end of the SRT 392.

Car is basically a Hellcat but without the supercharger. I swear this car is louder stock than the newer scatpacks. Maybe its sound deadening or something else, I'm not sure but I have had the car for a week and have already installed my Borla ATAK catback with valves and the mopar splash guards are next. It came with a Billet Technologies catch can and the engine bay is flawless.

Just absolutely thrilled and was hoping some other SRT 392 owners would chime in on their SRT 392's,

I'd love to hear from you guys! What do you think?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

·
Registered
607 Posts
Love the color. Madeira maroon? Max Steel is cool too.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
895 Posts
Congratulations! And welcome back to the Brotherhood of Muscle. Your perspective is interesting to me as you can talk to the great "R/T Scat Pack is really a SRT" debate from first hand experience.

I have a 2015 SRT 392 that I bought in December of 2017 when it had just 1,367 miles on it. Now ... at 31K miles ... it's still one of the best cars I've ever owned. The Adaptive Suspension in the SRTs makes a huge difference in the ride comfort ... without sacrificing performance in Sport and/or Track mode ... compared to the 2011 Challenger R/T Classic I owned. Not that it rode "bad."

Today ... the only feature in my SRT 392 that you can't order in a new R/T Scat Pack is the Laguna Leather interior. That seems to still be reserved for the SRT vehicles so you have to step up to the SRT Hellcat to get the upgraded leather interior.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@87GN yepp that’s my Chevelle that me and my dad grew up driving around. Learned to drive manual on that car.

@Klink thank you, it seems to be one of the best values out there right now if you can find one without a bloated price tag and in good shape.

@Wizard of Iz definitely see the differences between both trim levels. It does feel good to hop in and feel that laguna leather and see all the SRT logos everywhere! The funny part about the whole argument is that once the SRT 392 went away in 2019 they basically make you build a scatpack all the way up to that level. But like you said no leather.
It’s funny how the new WBSP’s have the adaptive suspension and exhaust. Plus the track pages with line lock and other features. And the screen saying SRT when you exit the vehicle, brakes calipers etc.
Gets confusing for the unversed Mopar buyer.

Best way I can describe it is, the SRT 392 is a pre 19 Hellcat without the supercharger.

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You have a great ride there, and an awesome garage to keep her in. I bought my 2016 new, and still pretty “chuffed”, as someone mentioned in another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Al A thanks very much, the garage is in the middle of a complete makeover, when I get time away from work. And yes I saw that thread lol I friggin love the wheels on these cars!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congrats on Maximum steel metallic.
Best regards
parrott

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,308 Posts
Advice, never post pics of your Challenger with an older cool car in the background. We're like a bunch of cats and it's a box, lol

Congrats on your new acquisition ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
559 Posts
As someone who loves Maximum Steel, that is a mighty fine car you got there.

Right before i picked up my B5 Blue, i had found a Maximum Steel 392 Shaker fully loaded & was around the same price i ended up getting mine for. Once i was ready to make an offer for it, found out it got sold. I still got the pictures and the video they sent me. Such a beautiful color. Should've made a offer sooner, but that is the nature of the game.

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
Awesome SRT. Love the wheels. Congrats. Nice find! (y)

Reactions: Jbanks1124

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
898 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Window

I love it even though it ate a lifter and chewed up a camshaft...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I loved my 392 SRT. Was old school classic. All the comforts and plenty of power. Sold it this spring. Have a Hellcat now. Must admit the cat is overkill for the street and cruising. If I buy another I’m going to find a 2011 392 Green With Envy. 6.4 is great motor with the M6. Brute!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
898 Posts
Did you get rid of the MDS when it was apart?
That situation sure sucked, too bad you had it happen.
No...Just had the Dealer/Service rebuild...Have nice box of parts...Got 2 year warranty so taketil get new one...If they every make them again...:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts