Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Road Trips 2011

If ya'll got the time we have the pit stop and cheer...let us know if you are coming out this way and you are welcome to taste a bit of Western Hospitality and park in our driveway!

Kojak

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
If ya'll got the time we have the pit stop and cheer...let us know if you are coming out this way and you are welcome to taste a bit of Western Hospitality and park in our driveway!

Kojak
Kojak, I'll take you up on that offer as long as I don't already have something else booked when this event happens. I've never been east or west of Ontario so it'd be great to make it out there, despite the 29-hour drive.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Western

OK lookin like we might have something going here. Hey it can be big or small..it is the fun of the road trip and the Hospitality at this end that will make the event fun!
I honestly think that first week end in June is a darn good time to do this if everyone wants to get a road trip in before the hectic days of Summer.

The Pike Lake Show & Shine is the first weekend of June. It is an awesome set up as there is the Lake, cars are parked on grass if the ground is dry, concessions and oly a 15 minute drive from Saskatoon.

Additionaaly we can do some meet and greets at the local A&W Friday or Saturday and I would get working on the local Dodge dealership and Mopar Club to get involved.
We can do a BBQ at our place for an alternate.

We need to get firm numbers at some point. So if you are up for it and can commit send an e mail and we will seel what we can pull together for our great little Challengers.

Kojak

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Western

OK.FYI..the weekend of the Pike Lake Event is June 4th & 5th.
I HAVE ONE CONFIRMED E MAIL FROM VAL'S R/T

Any others out there that can confim and commit please e mail me at [email protected] your arrival..#'s & make etc and i will try to help out with reservations etc...

This could be a fun informal gathering...let's do it!!

Kojak (Dave)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Actually for you it's just ontario that takes the longest to drive, 20hrs or so before you'd hit the manitoba boarder. then to drive through manitoba and saskatchewan doesn't take long at all, just ontario. Toronto to Thunder bay is almost 20 hours just to give you an idea.
this car looks strangely familar.... hmmmmm

anyway i wouldn't be able to confirm anything till we are much closer to the date. It would be good to get the old gal on a road trip back close to her home. Talking the car here, when she was first bought it was two provinces away, and made a quick stop in Toonville on the way back to her permanent home. Anyway will subscribe and keep watching for updates. Maybe there will be a parade of Challengers comming down from this area.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Western

Hey this is lookin like Fun!
So 3 more and it is only February!
X's Revenge..Bjson...and Wishe

Good deal...it's about the People & the Cars!

Kojak:guiness:...ohh yes and the odd beer!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would like to come, but I cannot commit until it gets a bit closer. I have allready picked my vacation days for 2011. When it gets a bit closer, if no one else here has time off around then, I can fit a few days in.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Western

The invite is FOR ALL who want to make the effort and enjoyment of Western Hospitality and have an old fashioned good time weekend.

OK...latest update...besides the S&S at Pike Lake on Sunday...

...we are going to have a Rally/scavenger hunt in and about S'toon to allow folks to see some of the points of Interest..YOU NEED A CELL PH CAMERA!!
...Betty, my non car enthusiast wife says she would love to hold a BBQ here afterwards, at our place 10 min East of the Toon....lots of room, right off the highway.BYOB we will have the Beef!!..or...Chicken etc (Sat afternoon evening)
To be followed by a run up and down 8st where all the "HOT" cars go!!

DRAG time at SIR..for those who want a rush we will fit in a time for this event for those interested..Sunday night probably

Once again e mail me at home at [email protected] if you can commmit so we can plan events....

I will not be on the Forums for a week..going to Vegas.. I will catch up on my return,
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
331 Posts
The invite is FOR ALL who want to make the effort and enjoyment of Western Hospitality and have an old fashioned good time weekend.

OK...latest update...besides the S&S at Pike Lake on Sunday...

...we are going to have a Rally/scavenger hunt in and about S'toon to allow folks to see some of the points of Interest..YOU NEED A CELL PH CAMERA!!
...Betty, my non car enthusiast wife says she would love to hold a BBQ here afterwards, at our place 10 min East of the Toon....lots of room, right off the highway.BYOB we will have the Beef!!..or...Chicken etc (Sat afternoon evening)
To be followed by a run up and down 8st where all the "HOT" cars go!!

DRAG time at SIR..for those who want a rush we will fit in a time for this event for those interested..Sunday night probably

Once again e mail me at home at [email protected] if you can commmit so we can plan events....

I will not be on the Forums for a week..going to Vegas.. I will catch up on my return,
Thanks Dave
your makin it hard not to go!!!!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Western

Well..Yes..life is too short..ya gots ta have a little fun...so I thought this was a way to get some with the common thread of our cars!

It really doesn't take much when you think about it...just gotta get it started..

Let the Chally's "RUMBLE" across the Prairies!

Kojak

We are off to Vegas this AM so see ya'll in about 5 days....Keep the e mails coming if you can make this FREE fun event...e mail me and I will put you on the list...
...In the mean time spread the word about the "RUMBLE"...!!:guiness:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there. We are from Vancouver. My wife is from Saskatoon and we were thinking about heading home this summer for a bit. Soon as you figure out the dates in June let us know and we can juggle the holiday around to accomodate.. No need for accomodation on the way, we have family in Didsbury Alberta. Are you thinking about getting a mutual hotel reserved for everyone in Saskatoon.

21 - 40 of 191 Posts