Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals, if you currently have possesion of your 392, unlike us unlucky ones waiting out the long, gruelling wait(and I'm sure your wait was just as long!!), please give us your feedback on your 392 thus far.
How has it been to you, what has the quality of the product been like,any issues(breakdowns),and has it been everything you thought it would be?

Thanks!!:)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
there are quality issues..

my headliner is crooked in back 3/4" and im told to accept it from the dealer...

also my blower didnt work from day 1

its an awesome looking car and a blast to drive...im glad i bought it...just realize Dodge has quality issues...ive never had a new car that needed repairs in the first 1,000 miles and mine has at least 2 so far....Only 200 miles on the OD so far.

i have only 1/2 floored it so far....its impressive all the way around...and it fits my 3 kids in the back seat!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
500 miles on the odometer to date... This machine has surpassed my expectations. I'm using it as a daily driver in WI. My plan is to drive in all conditions except when the roads are snowy. I have the all season tires and I had no problem with traction this afternoon in a rather heavy, cold rain. Despite being a black vehicle... it doesn't bother me to have salt spray sitting on the finish for short periods of time. IMHO to me it's a car that puts more of a smile on my face when it is being driven than sitting in my garage in pristine condition.

Only problem that I noticed so far is a constant popping sound coming from the speakers when the car is shut down. I started a separate thread for this concern.

The fit and finish are perfect. I have silver stripes on a black car and there is not a single flaw.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I already adore my 392, although I adored my R/T until I got the 392. It is still in break in, so I haven't gone WOT, but that is coming. Engine is so strong, suspension is great, exhaust note is just right, and it obviously has the good looks and curves. I wasn't sure about the stripes before ordering, but I really like them. I waited five months for mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just hit 1111 today out here in CA.

It's an awesomely fun car to drive, it's extremely thrilling slamming it onto the freeway and just blowing by everyone.

Couple of folks have tried to race me from a stop light, a modified Mercedes and a stock looking Mustang, not even a contest, was funny.

Huge amount of road respect, people stopping and giving thumbs up. 392 has a great street presence.

iPhone 4 has some serious issues unless you're jailbroken w/a specific package as I am and then it's awesome. :))

Homelink isn't compatible with my garage door, so that sucks.

I'm bringing mine in for service tomorrow as I'm getting 12.5 MPG with 60% freeway driving and have a slight smell of gas when I accelerate or stop quickly. Hopefully nothing big but I'll know more after the weekend.

There was also some extremely minor body damage that the dealer said he'd cover so I'm getting an estimate on that as well.

I've but two kids and a baby in a car seat in the back and they all said it was comfortable so that's pretty sweet, although not my "normal" person payload ;-) carseat ruins the aesthetic so it's out most of the time.

Biggest thing for me is that I now look forward everyday to driving to and from work. I haven't had that in a really long time.

It was well worth the 5ish month wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts