Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a cam install on my 392 Challenger. How many have had one, and what has your experience been like. Most interested in the NSR applications, but all responses appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
USMCAv8R hahaha
Cams are awesome. Just find the right person to install and tune and your golden. Pick the right cam for future mods and have modern muscle grind u a costom cam

Reactions: Modern Muscle

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am trying to get a cam for my 5.7 but not having any luck . I talk to Arrington Performance ordered 3/10/14 but still havent seen it nor have they ship it yet. I have a few other e-mails sent out to other cam grinders waiting for their response.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I am trying to get a cam for my 5.7 but not having any luck . I talk to Arrington Performance ordered 3/10/14 but still havent seen it nor have they ship it yet. I have a few other e-mails sent out to other cam grinders waiting for their response.
Dude wth!?!? I recieved my cam in a week from modern muscle. Custom grind too. Should be quicker with an off the shelf grind too. Call them, see whats up... no reason to wait when you could of had it by now

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
I spoke with HHP. For the 392s he recommends the 270 cam. Said not many have been done but they appear to tune easier and run better than the 274. This was with a ported heads, long tubes, mids, throttle body, CAI, custom tune. I'm personally hoping to do this in two years.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks Modern Muscle , I talk with you yesterday and today you have everything in stock 3 days to make and than ship. Your sales man knew what he was talking about and a very good explanation of what I will be getting..
If I dont see my cam from the other place I will cancel the order and go with you I was told it had the wrong shipping label...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Receive the cam yesterday..Thanks for your time ..I will mic it to be sure and hope for the best..

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
I did the 274 and like it a lot...sounds strong...wasn't super easy to tune though and it's a beeeech in low RPM/parking lot situations to be honest...
Should be a real advantage once I get some kinda forced induction in...folks at MM and the Comp cam guys all said it would be a great cam with a ProCharger... so hope to do that pretty soon!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts