Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have gone through the pages and have seen a bunch of post about cams from the6.4 to the 5.7 but all in Automatic transmissions but I have yet to see anything for the 6spds. Has anyone done a cam swap using the 6.1 or 6.4 into a 5.7. Also, if you have what gain did you get for this and if you just did a cam swap which cam did you use?

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I was wondering this myself. I knew a lot of the cam mods were with the 392 automatic profile cam, but I was wondering what the 392 manual cam profile would run like in the 5.7L hemi.

Has anybody done this mod in a 6 speed?

Does anybody know the part number for the 392 manual camshaft?

1,931 Posts
The 6.1 cam one is a great choice for a tight budget but will only work in pre-VVT 5.7s (2005-2008)...........many have installed the 392 cam and got some impressive HP numbers on the dyno but if you study the graphs the power is coming on in the upper ranges....based on the low/mid range readings the cam may be a dog off the line...I havent seen any track numbers though...

If you want a cam that will achieve your goals and work with current and future mods contact Dave Weber at Modern Muscle (a supporting vendor here)...he has a great reputation for custom cams that work...

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Ok so I have gone through the pages and have seen a bunch of post about cams from the6.4 to the 5.7 but all in Automatic transmissions but I have yet to see anything for the 6spds. Has anyone done a cam swap using the 6.1 or 6.4 into a 5.7. Also, if you have what gain did you get for this and if you just did a cam swap which cam did you use?
I've only done the 6.4 cam & custom tune - no dyno before / after.

This is on an '09 6-speed, with OEM exhaust.

Also two other CT members:
JS1977, and DaltonR/Tclassic are other 6-speed R/T owners w/ 392 cam swaps as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts