Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning y’all,

wondering what the best camshaft (cam kit) is that I should run on the whipple supercharger I have ordered. So far my challenger is completely stock, ordered the air-intake that comes with the supercharger. I do plan on Dyno Tuning in September when my supercharger is in. Would like some suggestions on how to probably swap the stock cam for something that will support the forced induction. any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

side note
i have done some research and found that maybe the best two choices I have are the 274 cam, and the Custom Grind cam. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Good morning y’all,

wondering what the best camshaft (cam kit) is that I should run on the whipple supercharger I have ordered. So far my challenger is completely stock, ordered the air-intake that comes with the supercharger. I do plan on Dyno Tuning in September when my supercharger is in. Would like some suggestions on how to probably swap the stock cam for something that will support the forced induction. any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

side note
i have done some research and found that maybe the best two choices I have are the 274 cam, and the Custom Grind cam. Thoughts?
I recommend the Hellcat cam, or custom grind. The 274 is a decent grind for boost, but it's better to actually go with a cam specifically ground for boost.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hellcat cam is easier to tune,uses all factory parts,no limiter needed and cheaper. probably will give up a few hp over a custom. I have a custom Ray Barton cam in my Hellcat short block Scat with a D1X
the cost of the cam,limiter,springs,retainers and pushrods vs the hp I picked up isn't close to worth it..I wish I had used the Hellcat cam..

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,888 Posts
Hellcat cam is easier to tune,uses all factory parts,no limiter needed and cheaper. probably will give up a few hp over a custom. I have a custom Ray Barton cam in my Hellcat short block Scat with a D1X
the cost of the cam,limiter,springs,retainers and pushrods vs the hp I picked up isn't close to worth it..I wish I had used the Hellcat cam..
I was going to type out pretty much what you said, so Thanks for saving me some typing! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts