Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking to install a mild cam in my SRT. So far my only performance mods are intake, catback exhaust, and the diablo. I will be installing longtube headers and catless mids. I was just curious if I could install a cam without having to install major mods such as new heads etc.. And also what are some good cams? I am currently looking at the inertia max cam, just looking for more feedback before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Having just completed this exercise, and having a really good outcome, I'd advise the following;

- Inertia SRTMax cam. Simply works better everywhere from idle to redline.
- check your valve springs; if you can afford a couple hundred bucks, install some PAC springs at the same time. Three of mine were sacked after 16K miles and it has a huge effect throughout the power curve. You won't need headwork with this cam.
- get a good dyno tune, especially if you have a six speed like I do
- be prepared to tinker with the Predator a bit after the cam install. You'll probably want to change a few things after the cam is installed.

Summary: really good investment. You won't believe it's the same car after you're done.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I do have a six speed so i will be getting a custom tune so i can get the most gains possible! However, with this cam installed were you able to notice a sound difference? Im really hoping this cam will give me that good "thump" like a cam should. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts