Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the cam specs on the 5.7, 6.4 cams. Lift, duration at 50 and advertise duration and duration at .006 lift unless advertised is at that lift.
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks my friend. I am assuming the opening and close are at .006 lift. All three are pretty mild grinds with a so so intake close. The 392 grind would be a better choice for the 5.7 than what is in the 5.7. Getting a grind that closes the intake close to 100deg after bdc would be nice so we could put some compression in her.. Anyone know what the stock head gasket thickness is? Are they using a
.075 gasket?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Thanks my friend. I am assuming the opening and close are at .006 lift. All three are pretty mild grinds with a so so intake close. The 392 grind would be a better choice for the 5.7 than what is in the 5.7. Getting a grind that closes the intake close to 100deg after bdc would be nice so we could put some compression in her.. Anyone know what the stock head gasket thickness is? Are they using a
.075 gasket?

Not sure about the lift, would have to check when I get home, but here is some additional info on the head gaskets.
http://www.mahle-aftermarket.com/me...ica/pdfs/gasket-solutions-pdfs/ss-vr-c-04.pdf

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Just found this nice little table from a Google book search taken from:

New Hemi Engines 2003-Present: How to Rebuild
By Larry Shepard
cam.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts