Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
09 R/T 6m 3.92 diff , 92k getting lifter tap time to do.
dont want any radical cam and wasn't about to spend $$$ .she's a bit tired but with 50 psi oil pres at idel shes still very tight. :p but since i have to do it 50-60 hp is enough for me.

all parts OEM except for fel-pro head & timing gaskets.
total cost for all shipped $970 (in pic)

all thats needed now is a set of BBK 4028 shorties ($349)

pcm tune $300-375.

assorted , oil,oil filter,lapping compound, coolant, $75

total coast should be about $1,700
and of course me to install :cry:

·
Registered
18 Posts
II was one of the first people to post dyno numbers from this swap back in 2012. It’s not too difficult of a job. The front clip can stay on. Expect around a 2 mph increase in trap speed with a dyno tune.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.i did it due to lifter taping (92k) all mine looked brand new as well as the cam .thats why i did a 6.4 cam in my 5.7 . i had a bad lifter but it wasent the bearings that failed it was just intermittent tapping loud at times .it failed internally and wasnt pumping up or holding pressure . i thought it was wiping the cam and and spreading metal throughout the engine .why i did the cam swap ,man does it move now over 4k and revs up to 67k . .johan did my tune .and i have a wideband so its super easy to tweak . 0-60 in about 4 sec and 1 was 3.9 sec.

·
Registered
958 Posts
.i did it due to lifter taping (92k) all mine looked brand new as well as the cam .thats why i did a 6.4 cam in my 5.7 . i had a bad lifter but it wasent the bearings that failed it was just intermittent tapping loud at times .it failed internally and wasnt pumping up or holding pressure . i thought it was wiping the cam and and spreading metal throughout the engine .why i did the cam swap ,man does it move now over 4k and revs up to 67k . .johan did my tune .and i have a wideband so its super easy to tweak . 0-60 in about 4 sec and 1 was 3.9 sec.
So the valvesprings worked out find then huh? No shims?

Also, your car is a manual or auto?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update , cam is is as well as a new tune. the car screams above 4k , no power loss down below that. exhaust note sounds mean tad lumpy. johan did my tune for me in only 5 revisions . since i have a wideband o2 he was able to get my fuel just about right on the money 12.5 (+ - .2) at WOT from 750 RPM TO 65K ! . 1deg of spark was added across the board . the engine pulls so hard all the way up shifting at 63k ,.what a difference ! did a few 0-60's best time was 3.99 ( i had wheel spin hitting 3rd that fools the times a bit)
this entire cam swap cost 1700.(i did all the work)
anyone thinking of doing this swap i highly recomend Johan (diablotunna) do your tune for you.hes the best ! quick responses never left me hanging great communication.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts