Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the freeway yesterday and came up alongside a white Camaro, 4th gen, probably a '99-02. It had big fat Hoosier rear wheels and skinny fronts, so either he runs it on the track a lot and was driving it some place, or he wants it to look that way. Anyhow, and I pass him on the left he revs his engine. I recently installed cutouts in my car, and they were fully closed. Traffic was heavy and I wouldn't race on public roads anyway, but I figured I could play the noise game. So I opened em up and gave it a little gas. He slowly dropped back and disappeared out of view. He stayed there for a mile or two until his exit came up and he was sure to rev as loudly as he could when he exited northbound. If it was as serious a track car as he wanted it to look like he likely could've outrun me, but mine looks better and sounds meaner. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like he was feeling a little inferior, hanging back until he could come up, make a little woof, and exit right away. Funny!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you have cutouts, call someone out, but would have gotten scared if he stepped up. Noted!
Not sure where you're getting that from this post. I was in the left lane which was traveling faster in traffic and when he revved his engine at me I returned the favor in more decibels. I don't know if his car is faster or not, that wasn't the point and I don't care. I thought it was amusing that he initiated the challenge (pun intended) and then backed off until he knew I wasn't going his direction before he revved at me again. But thanks for the unnecessary snide remark and lack of reading comprehension I guess...

Reactions: MikeR/T

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
The part where you won't race on public streets, but you act like a bad Ass on public streets with cutouts then come on a forum crowing about it. Anyhoo, that's a win for you in the "I'm louder but won't race you" dept. I'd rather blow em off the road with a full exhaust lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like revving my challenger, does that make me a badass on public streets? Also, just cause he didn't race doesn't mean he's scared. He's obviously not stupid, and made the right choice.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I rev my Challenger and race on the sidewalk because **** the police? :laugh:
:redcap:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
What I believe Roost is getting at is: It's like showing a gun, but afraid to use it, something we just don't do. I understand that you don't street race and that's fine, but punks like that need a lesson. These cars attract all kinds of idiots. Just yesterday a loud ford pickup thought he was gonna show me how slow my RT was as he provoked me. I barely hit 4000 RPMs in the 1st 3 gears and he was still behind me. Some people need to be schooled. Drive safe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I owned a 99 Z28 auto that I put a 3:73 Eaton rear end in along with numerous suspension up grade to keep it on the ground and avoid wheel hop. She ran 12's in the quarter mile at the track in Sacramento. The car was unbelievable quick. Way faster than my 12 R/T Auto. He probably would beat you on the track. I think I can say that with experience. Very smart not to race on public roads. You are the man.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The part where you won't race on public streets, but you act like a bad Ass on public streets with cutouts then come on a forum crowing about it. Anyhoo, that's a win for you in the "I'm louder but won't race you" dept. I'd rather blow em off the road with a full exhaust lol.
I think you misunderstood the point of my post. I wasn't "crowing" about how bad ass I am. I even stated he may be faster if his car was a quick as he wanted it to look. It started as a friendly engine rev from him, which I returned in kind albeit louder. I was simply saying that as he intentionally creeped past me and the floored it just to exit it went from friendly to kind of silly because he did it without allowing me to continue to play the game and it seemed like he was intimidated by the sound of my car. My basic purpose in posting was to say how I don't care if you are faster, I like the look of my challenger and the sound better because I love my car. I like camaros as well and would've stated the same thing if another challenger had acted that way. Or I could've misread the whole thing and he was just saying "nice car." I only posted it on here cause I enjoy hearing about other people's experiences and thought I'd share as well.

Reactions: Zman6 and RoostKing

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I believe Roost is getting at is: It's like showing a gun, but afraid to use it, something we just don't do. I understand that you don't street race and that's fine, but punks like that need a lesson. These cars attract all kinds of idiots. Just yesterday a loud ford pickup thought he was gonna show me how slow my RT was as he provoked me. I barely hit 4000 RPMs in the 1st 3 gears and he was still behind me. Some people need to be schooled. Drive safe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I can understand that. I didn't say I was afraid to use it though. I simply said I won't race on a public freeway. One, too much traffic and don't want to endanger folks, and two, far too many cops here. If we'd had room I wouldn't have been opposed to a running start and first to 70mph but I wouldn't go past the speed limit here. It sounds like you didn't need to go past the speed limit either to dust that pickup!

Reactions: stevec3201

·
Registered
247 Posts
I owned a 99 Z28 auto that I put a 3:73 Eaton rear end in along with numerous suspension up grade to keep it on the ground and avoid wheel hop. She ran 12's in the quarter mile at the track in Sacramento. The car was unbelievable quick. Way faster than my 12 R/T Auto. He probably would beat you on the track. I think I can say that with experience. Very smart not to race on public roads. You are the man.
Dog! I live in Sacramento also! That's super cool! I hardly see people here with V8 challengers, small world lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can understand that. I didn't say I was afraid to use it though. I simply said I won't race on a public freeway. One, too much traffic and don't want to endanger folks, and two, far too many cops here. If we'd had room I wouldn't have been opposed to a running start and first to 70mph but I wouldn't go past the speed limit here. It sounds like you didn't need to go past the speed limit either to dust that pickup!
Better to be safe than sorry like a pregnancy. Love your car man! Black is the best!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts