Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This guy is obviously bias to the Challenger.

This was my response to him, probably won't get posted till later if ever:
What an idiot to make such a statement that the Cramaro Trumps Challenger. The Camaro is hopeless, bufugly & is cursed by 2 factors. It's a chevy which is apart of Generic Motors. They WISH the Cramaro (crapola) was half the car as the Challenger. Long live Mopar & that legendary styling & colors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: What an idiot!!

Vanishing Point said:
Ummm...isn't buick,..gm?:p Maybe your talkin' 99% of their newer stuff,...which I total agree.;) :D
SEE MY SIGNATURE!

Buick is unfortuately owned by Generic Motors which I hate. Unfortunatley about 10 years ago Generic Motors took over the controling management of Buick. Since then, Buick has gone to hell!
As far as i'm concerned, Buick should have been killed after the production of the '89 BUICK POWERED anniversary Trans Am.
I AM a Buick-man! I as well as most true Buick enthusiast DON'T group my/ourselves or our brand with that idiot company.

If you would have read my other post on this board then you'll know my outlook & most TRUE Buick enthusiast outlook & explanation on this manner.

Buick has been dead for years! the body is still flopping like a fish outta water for 30 minutes.

Once the Buick 3800 is phased out (which is now in the process) then they'll be just as USELESS as Ponitac, a car company without a engine!

Generic Motors SUCKS & chevy swallows!

·
Registered
13 Posts

To me, that's just one guy's biased opinion. Sales numbers will be the telling factor in whether or not he's got his head in his azz.
If GM actually brings the car to the sales floor, the numbers will tell...and I'm pretty confident the Chally will outsell them easily.

·
Banned
95 Posts

I made a post as well, lets see if they have the balls to post it.

I see we have a Buick fan on here, how weird is that, I mean people actually drive Buicks because they want to ?? wow what a novel concept. I thought people only drove them as hand me downs from their grand parents or something because they can't afford anything else.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts

I've posted as well. David Kiley is as biased as he is nuts.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Please keep in mind that members (here at this forum) are pro-'Challenger' and not con-'Camaro', 'GM', 'GTO', 'Buick', 'Ford', 'Mustang', etc. We don't need to stoop to the level of of those who (at times) may 'bash' us, our forum, and/or the vehicle we are all so excited about...and this includes those writers whose job it is to either generate some excitement and/or controversy amongst their readers. ;)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
Please keep in mind that members (here at this forum) are pro-'Challenger' and not con-'Camaro', 'GM', 'GTO', 'Buick', 'Ford', 'Mustang', etc. We don't need to stoop to the level of of those who (at times) may 'bash' us, our forum, and/or the vehicle we are all so excited about...and this includes those writers whose job it is to either generate some excitement and/or controversy amongst their readers. ;)
Good point brother...I like it!;) :D

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Let him think what he wants. I won't mind him feeling like an A$$ one bit when the sales figures prove him wrong.:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
:D
PhantomR/T said:
it's ok, the Camaro is obviously inferior

Agreed.

The Camaro looks like a bad '70's Hot Wheels interpretation of a 69 Camaro...tooo Garish, Over The Top, etc.

The Challenger looks to be the honest, well executed Muscle car it is. It just looks tough! Great proportions, crisp surface development, great stance, and the Interior is a Home Run. MUCHO better than the Camaro's, which looks too retro in the Dash area, and too space ship everywhere else.

The Engine Compartment on the Challenger is the Best I've ever laid eyes on.

My ONLY complaint on the Challenger, and it's minor, is the name badge on the rear flanks. Looks too arbitrary in it's placement. And, perhaps the rear edge surrounding the tailights could be less blunt. But, I'm being picky.

Bring On the Challenger...er, Champion!

LJB:D

·
Registered
973 Posts
M3SMG02- In my opinion, the only reason why DCX put Challenger on the rear quarter panels is for marketing reasons. It's almost like they were so proud of the design they wanted to let everyone know exactly what this car is.

I wouldn't expect the production model to have this.

·
Registered
334 Posts
ChuckG said:
M3SMG02- In my opinion, the only reason why DCX put Challenger on the rear quarter panels is for marketing reasons. It's almost like they were so proud of the design they wanted to let everyone know exactly what this car is.

I wouldn't expect the production model to have this.
I'm sure you're right. They felt they had to identify the car SOMEWHERE.

But, why not across (tastefully) the taillights, or, on the front fender near the A Pillar? Anywhere but where they put it.

LJB:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I kinda like it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What I wrote back (sorry if I sound like a overplayed Top 40 record...)

I noticed that you cropped the photo of the Camero for the website, proably to hide that ugly nose that sticks out like Barbera Streisand's. I hope Chevy tones it down for the production model, if they can dig up the cash to produce it. The new Camaro still shouts unproduceable "Concept Car" to me. The Challenger may look a lot like the 1970 model, but it will be miles away from those old ponycars that had squirrley steering, weak brakes and tiny overmatched tires. I'd rather see new cars with a smoother look, not with sharp buldges and blobs. Detroit needs to get rid of these computer generated shoe boxes and pears on wheels and design works of art like they did back in the 50's and 60's. I think the new Challenger will be a massive seller for DCX. The 35+ croud will love the retro looks with the tight handling and braking right out of the 300, while the kids in the high school parking lot will be blown away by the Hemi. The modern Hemi is a great engine, but it's been crying for a car that befits it's legendary racing heritage. Unlike the bland new Thunderbird and the imposter aussie GTO, the new Challenger wont be rusting on the sales lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Except for the Vettes (too much $$$), the GM divisions have nothing interesting
to me at all. Even their trucks are fugly. The Camaro is 3 years away, if they
even make it that far given their current status. :rolleyes:

If DCX introduces the Challenger in 07 it will give Dodge a leap on sales as GM
diehards loose faith in the Camaro's return and jump ship to DCX.

I honestly think if GM doesn't come up with something exciting (and soon) they
will continue to on a downhill spiral. Oldsmobile is gone, Pontiac and Buick are
on the chopping block.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts