Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the experts here, and I know there are plenty! This board is awesome. I have my 2013 R/T lowered on Mopar Stage 1 springs. Nothing else. Got it done little over 3 years ago. Lately I have noticed, especially the passenger side wheel, with some camber to it. I took it to Black's Tire, to try to get it aligned. Of course these cars have no camber adjustment from the factory. I was told to go to Dodge and get 2 camber bolts. I picked them up the other day.

I was just thinking though, should I have gotten 4? Or do they only need to install 1 bolt per side to adjust the camber of the front end? Any help would be appreciated. I'll prob call Black's back to to re-confirm, but I thought he said I just needed 2.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The camber bolt goes in at the lower control arm bushing ,you only need 2 .depending on how far it's out they may not be enough. They are only good for + or - .3 of a degree.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken, just wanted to make sure. I can't remember how much camber it had, he had it up on a computer screen. But he said with those bolts that he would be able to square it up. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Thanks Ken, just wanted to make sure. I can't remember how much camber it had, he had it up on a computer screen. But he said with those bolts that he would be able to square it up. Thanks again!
Coincidentally, I'm taking my '12 R/T in to have those bolts replaced tomorrow. Hopefully they'll do the trick and we can get our alignments where they belong.

Paul

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coincidentally, I'm taking my '12 R/T in to have those bolts replaced tomorrow. Hopefully they'll do the trick and we can get our alignments where they belong.

Paul

Thanks Paul, if you could please post back afterwards with your results it would be greatly appreciated. I know with these bolts, they will alow for only so much adjustment. Like u said hopefully they can get us to factory specs or at lest within tolerance...

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Thanks Paul, if you could please post back afterwards with your results it would be greatly appreciated. I know with these bolts, they will alow for only so much adjustment. Like u said hopefully they can get us to factory specs or at lest within tolerance...
I will, my appointment is for 10am EDT and it's supposed to be about a 2-2.5hr job, assuming that I can manage to make myself come home, which is really hard to do, I should be able to update you by 2pm. :)

Paul

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok great! Yeah i am taking mine in next Monday Morning, gonna get there right when they open. I am just going to wait on mine. With mine I have noticed more camber on my passenger side wheel than the driver's side for whatever reason. The roads though around here in my area are horrible. I just hope I don't have anything broken on that side of the car, that would be my luck.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Ok great! Yeah i am taking mine in next Monday Morning, gonna get there right when they open. I am just going to wait on mine. With mine I have noticed more camber on my passenger side wheel than the driver's side for whatever reason. The roads though around here in my area are horrible. I just hope I don't have anything broken on that side of the car, that would be my luck.
I hope there's nothing broken on your car. I set Tapatalk up so I'll be able to let you know before I leave the shop.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Made it to the shop half hour early , so maybe we can get out of here a little early . I'll let you know what happens .

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Okay , made it home . The shop was able to get the front alignment within spec so I'm a happy camper ! ☺

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats awesome! Thanks for the update bud. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it out the door for everything? Glad you got yours squared away!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Thats awesome! Thanks for the update bud. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it out the door for everything? Glad you got yours squared away!
It was about $300. Not cheap, but it should help take care of the $1000 worth of rubber it rides on. This was at the Dodge dealer, so you might be able to get better rates at different shop.

Paul

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I'm taking mine to Black's Tire..they are big here in NC and surrounding states. Hopefully it's around what you paid if not a little cheaper. Taking mine in on Monday. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Good luck, let us know how it goes. I can't really say I can feel any difference in handling, I'm just assuming that the tires will wear better.

Paul

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you're comfortable with a little wrenching, putting these camber bolts in yourself is not to difficult. Remove the old and put in the new. I have always hated paying shops to do things I can do at home. Unfortunately the older I get, the more my body tells me to stop doing stuff myself.:11:

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
If you're comfortable with a little wrenching, putting these camber bolts in yourself is not to difficult. Remove the old and put in the new. I have always hated paying shops to do things I can do at home. Unfortunately the older I get, the more my body tells me to stop doing stuff myself.:11:
Same here, I used to do most everything, but not anymore. I don't feel like I'm old, but my body knows it's 64 and been thru hell. It takes me days to get over the pain from doing the slightest thing any more. I still do things, but tearing into suspension isn't one of them. I pulled the deck off my lawn tractor Sunday and replaced the belt, blades and spindle grease fittings and my back and shoulder are still po'd at me... :)

Paul

1 - 20 of 25 Posts