Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently bought an SRT:Dodge Challenger Forum and I am trying to get my camera back to life.

Opened the dash and dicovered loose connectors.

Searched the forum and as far I can see, the car did have Lockpick, but not anymore.
The connector the camera is connected too is plugged in nothing (?)

So, I suspect the owner in the US did remove the LockPick.
My question: if I could score an other unit the camera should work?
Does it matter what version off LockPick? Perhaps a used one?

I think I cannot rewire the camere straight into the 430N, there is nowhere an option for camera in the screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid off that. So, to get this camera to work, I need to determine what unit they ripped out off the car or make an new system, if possible.
I really do not know what system was in the car, since the loose connectors do not fit in any other counter connector??
Very strange. If I read correct, fitting the LockPick was by switching connectors to each other, but that does not work here.
The camera is wired in the first Audio connector for power and ground and the signal wire gets an constant power too? Shouldn't this one receive his signal from the 'reverse' wire?

I can make some pics if that helps?

Perhaps better to look for an other system. So, is it possible to connect this camera to the 430N with an other solution?

·
Registered
333 Posts
pre 2014 did not have back up camera, hence, everything you do will have to be aftermarket
I would guess the previous owner may have:
Added camera to an entirely separate display,
pulled the display, and left the camera on the license plate or whatever.

Plan on starting from scratch.

Is a camera required where you are?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did some research locally but the best option would be to install an complete different unit. Perhaps the previous owner ripped his unit and put this one back, dunno.

Anyway, in Europe I can buy an used updated unit for my car, what is P&P, and works with EU frequencies and the backup camera. But it is setting me back for 1.000 euro.. sigh.
I think I will invest some time in getting me an aftermarket unit over here.

Thanks sofar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts