Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
85 Posts
Wow, you made much progress on the tune! Getting back to the subject of cam, any reason, if you don't mind me asking, why you opted not to go that route.? You and others were very focused on that mod.

Sorry I had to post this.

Stock bottom end 392, 270 comp, bolt ons, suspension ran 10.6's

Locks of Hope ran 11.3's in his 1320 on the stock radials. Stock tune, ZERO mods.

You can look at the red scatpacks channel for his dyno of over 500 whp - with 1/4 mile times and MPH to back up the dyno. All of which was NA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a comp 270 cam installed back in July. I waited a few months to post so I could really get to know the car and how it changed. Happy to say its been a perfect transformation in performance. Its now making 520wrhp and 475tq. Mods include CAI, Cat-back exhaust, 270 cam and springs and dyne-tuned using diablo sport software.

I took it to the track and came home disappointed. (First time racing go easy on me) I ran my best pass in a 13.00 1/4 mile @ 125mph. My 60' was absolutely killing me. Best I got was a 2.5 60'. I blame the street tires and zero track prep but I need to work on my launch as well- that is probably the biggest factor. I made only 5 passes and I could not hook up at all. The silver lining is the 125mph trap speed. I hope DRs and a more practice will put me in good shape.

Cheers,

PK
  1. so that would be a good cam for my 2019 scatpack?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,788 Posts
  1. so that would be a good cam for my 2019 scatpack?
It depends on what your goals are and your budget and what your future mods are going to be. Installing a cam in a Hemi isn't cheap especially when you factor in all of the supporting mods that you'll need to make that cam work to it's best potential.

In answer to your question though, I'd recommend calling or e-mailing one of the Hemi engine builders and getting their advice. It would never hurt to sit down and get someone's opinion who has built alot of motors and knows what does and doesn't work.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It depends on what your goals are and your budget and what your future mods are going to be. Installing a cam in a Hemi isn't cheap especially when you factor in all of the supporting mods that you'll need to make that cam work to it's best potential.

In answer to your question though, I'd recommend calling or e-mailing one of the Hemi engine builders and getting their advice. It would never hurt to sit down and get someone's opinion who has built alot of motors and knows what does and doesn't work.

Just a thought.
This is good advice^^ contact Modern Muscle Extreme for a cam recommendation. OP. you know your driveline warranty goes out the window with a cam and tuning ..right ?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
That's something that's always driven me crazy about these cars. When compared to an LS it's dang near double the cost to cam a hemi. I looked into it and to cam my mom's 6th gen would be around $3000-3500 installed. That is with DOD delete, lifters, pushrods etc. To do the same thing with my 5.7 was going to be a minimum of $7000, more than likely closer to $8000.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

281 - 285 of 285 Posts