Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds really good to my ears ... what do you all think?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Is that your car?

I love to hear the old school sound of a lopey cam.

Reactions: Clevetown

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is - thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Can we get more details on the build? Who did the install? Any dyno results?

Thanks

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I can not give that info out because I don't have it!! Purchased this car used from a dealer in WI. It was their mechanics car who works on their high end vehicles - their Hellcats etc... He did some really nice stuff to it - barton shifter, 275 Nittos on it, engine strut tower bar, stabilizing bar on the back end, CAI, it has the Hellcat ram air intake in its headlight, and was cammed. I was actually thinking about calling the dealer to get his number to find out a few things - like the cam job. Car runs fantastic and is in mint condition. The mechanic who I brought it to for inspection prior to buying it - called me out to the garage when he had it up and was showing me how clean it was. Said he's never seen a more immaculate car - it was basically so clean you could eat of it. Said if I don't buy it he would! I got pretty lucky on this deal. Eventually I'll take it to get tuned like my last Challenger.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
I would definitely get the guys number to find out what cam is in it! Chances are it has a tune. I wonder how much power its putting down
Like the sound! Maybe a bit louder... but I like everything loud

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would definitely get the guys number to find out what cam is in it! Chances are it has a tune. I wonder how much power its putting down
Like the sound! Maybe a bit louder... but I like everything loud
Hate to say it but its really loud. I wouldn't want it any louder. And yes I am going to get the mechanics number. When I do a cold start you can hear this thing all thru the neighborhood. I am standing a good 20-30 feet from it. And that's not a cold start. Sounds like 1000hp racing boat >:)

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
I bet! Video doesn't do it justice, especially after youtube breaks the quality down even more.
I bet it sounds bad at full throttle

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Must be very mild...sounded close to stock to me.....

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll find out. Getting the mechanics number. But he did something to it - the mechanic who did the inspection who restores and rebuilds old cars and hot rods, was pretty sure he had done something with it. Now maybe its not cammed but if you compare a video of another Scatpack and play this next to it - no there's definitely something. When I find out I'll report back. I agree, doesn't have that super lopey sound to it, but its not stock.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For me its really not a big deal - just saying what the mechanic thought although he didn't remove the engine cover to look into it for me. Either way sounds great - have any other ideas on what he could have done by listening to it? Again, when listening to other Scats it just sounds a little different.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mid-mufflers still on?
Got the mechanics number and am waiting to get all the info on the car. Will post when I get the info. As curious as anyone else. The sales guy who got me the number to the mechanic asked him if it was cammed - the mechanic said yes. Need to find out what cam he installed. Its very mild.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok so I just talked to the mechanic - WOW this has a ton in it - I'm jacked!!

Stainless Works long tube headers with 1 7/8 primaries and high flow cats
Rear muffler or resonators have been deleted
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
Comp Cams 274 cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Mopar CAI
Mopar front and rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix skip shit eliminator
High Horse Performance did the tune
Mopar black fuel door and grill bezels
Black lug nuts and hellcat center caps
Mopar performace lowering springs
Hellcat red start button
Hellcat ram air intake in front headlight
Hellcat dash vent with SRT logo
275 Nittos all around

Hee haw!!!

Reactions: Chief_TenBears

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Ok so I just talked to the mechanic - WOW this has a ton in it - I'm jacked!!

Stainless Works long tube headers with 1 7/8 primaries and high flow cats
Rear muffler or resonators have been deleted
Unlocked PCM
Diablo Sport Tuner
Comp Cams 274 cam with vvt limiter
Arrington 84 mm throttle body
Barton short throw shifter
Mopar CAI
Mopar front and rear strut tower braces
Speedlogix skip shit eliminator
High Horse Performance did the tune
Mopar black fuel door and grill bezels
Black lug nuts and hellcat center caps
Mopar performace lowering springs
Hellcat red start button
Hellcat ram air intake in front headlight
Hellcat dash vent with SRT logo
275 Nittos all around

Hee haw!!!
I'm very pleased for you how this turned out!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm very pleased for you how this turned out!
Thanks Georgethedog! I knew when I was driving it there was more to it. It sounds like a 1000hp racing boat in person but the lope is not that heavy (based on how High Horse Performance tuned it). I'm looking forward to taking this to a dyno and seeing what its pushing. My guess, is close to 500 hp at the wheels. This car is stupid fast. I almost have to put on bigger tires to get traction - the 275's are like they aren't even there. Just seems like a ton of power - like I'm driving a stock car. Can't wait to get it out of storage from winter here in MI. Starting to really jones over it!! This happens every winter - by March I'm starting to loose my mind wanting to drive my car - so I end up watching all these youtube videos of Challengers to satisfy my itch!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts