Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger
13 Posts
I’ll be replacing all of that, the quote for everything (cam, parts, install and tune) was 6.2k. I’m just going to order my long tubes and a t2 platinum and new pcm and get a temporary online tune for running open LT’s. I’m going to save up for a while till I can afford all of the stuff for the cam.
Any suggestions for a wideband? I’m not sure what brand or what for one, from what I hear I need one for a email tune
I dropped in the Magnuson SC myself for 6K. I'm running its original pulley and tune and making 500hp+. No upgraded pump was required at 6lbs of boost. The kit came straight from the manufacturer. Best decision ever.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,138 Posts
I dropped in the Magnuson SC myself for 6K. I'm running its original pulley and tune and making 500hp+. No upgraded pump was required at 6lbs of boost. The kit came straight from the manufacturer. Best decision ever.
Same here but I have the 3.2 pulley which really needs the update pump and came with my kit. The RT makes about 330HP at the wheels with the 8lb SC kit it puts it in the 470ish range. With cam, headers and dyno tune should hit 500RWHP. Can easily hit it with 10lbs and water/meth.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Same here but I have the 3.2 pulley which really needs the update pump and came with my kit. The RT makes about 330HP at the wheels with the 8lb SC kit it puts it in the 470ish range. With cam, headers and dyno tune should hit 500RWHP. Can easily hit it with 10lbs and water/meth.

Thanks for the dyno/mod info. I notice all of those S/C numbers are at 8psi. I’d be curious to see similar comparisons @6 psi. I would want to be very conservative on the boost.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,138 Posts
Thanks for the dyno/mod info. I notice all of those S/C numbers are at 8psi. I’d be curious to see similar comparisons @6 psi. I would want to be very conservative on the boost.
Honestly the 8lbs is more like 7.5-7.8 ish on a stock motor. The 5.7 can easily handle it as long as the tune is done correctly. The rule of thumb has been 1psi ~ 20HP.

3.4" pulley ~ 6psi
3.2" pulley ~ 8psi
3.0" pulley ~ 10psi

41 - 44 of 44 Posts