Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to do a cam install on my scat pack this winter and undecided on what to go with. Was initially set on going with the 274 comp cam package from HHP. Then while researching that I saw Comp Cams new HRT line which I'm curious about as I haven't seen any vids or dyno numbers(other than the one on compcam site) on the different stages. Then I saw that Texas Speed had developed a Hemi cam at beginning of 2019 and have seen limited feedback on those, but none have been bad.

Looking for opinions on 274 comp vs HRT comp or TSP cams

·
Super Moderator
15,542 Posts
Looked up the Comp Cams series - the HRT Stage 1 are NRS (no new springs needed)
per Comp on the 6.4 - across the board power increases

both the St II and St III require new springs (higher lift / coil bind issues with OEM springs)

St II is 2,500 - 6,500 rpm / St III 3,000 - 7,000

if you have a predominately street driven car I'd not recommend St III and probably not the St II as much since most of the gains are upper end and.

The Comp 274 is similar - its really for stroker engines and rated 2,400 - 7,400.

Ran into a member in one of the clubs and he has 274 cam in his Charger - wants to change to cam that's better suited for the street, per his observation.

Its better to match the cam towards how the vehicle will be used. A high rpm only cam setup is only going to be useful on the track and makes for a dog on the street

·
Registered
191 Posts
Contact MMX, OST Dyno, or Jay Greene for Cam packages. All three are well known and have solid cams for what you are looking for.

Reactions: UMDhemi

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Contact MMX, OST Dyno, or Jay Greene for Cam packages. All three are well known and have solid cams for what you are looking for.
I had forgotten about Jay Greene. I'll look into getting in touch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts