Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a forged stroked 426 from a 392. My builder wants to go with comp cams, but I would think that some of the many great Mopar parts vendors make the best custom cam because that is their specialty.

Please give me recommendations.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am. I wanted to see who everybody recommends before a choose.

I am curious as to some specs of cams you have made for similar setups.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm building a forged stroked 426 from a 392. My builder wants to go with comp cams, but I would think that some of the many great Mopar parts vendors make the best custom cam because that is their specialty.

Please give me recommendations.
Not sure if you are the one I spoke to today or not but here is a option, It is a comp cam just built to our specs.

https://www.modernmusclextreme.com/p-89-64l-392-hemi-vvt-custom-grind-performance-camshaft.aspx
Is you pricing the same to shops as the public?

If my shop orders online and pay retail they are also going to uocharge me.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
They would need to setup an account with us, if they have not already. You can also order the cam directly. As for specs a custom cam, every cam is tailored to what the customer build is. To many people think that a cam is a one size fits all and it is not. A cam is the heart beat of a motor. Find a vendor you trust and let them do their magic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They would need to setup an account with us, if they have not already. You can also order the cam directly. As for specs a custom cam, every cam is tailored to what the customer build is. To many people think that a cam is a one size fits all and it is not. A cam is the heart beat of a motor. Find a vendor you trust and let them do their magic.
i am in the same boat, i have no knowledge of cam spec or how they work. Me being in kansas doesnt help me either because there are NO hemi shops and very few that will touch a hemi. But i want a nice cam for my whipple charged 2012 rt, any suggestions????

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts