Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the last couple of days I have been entertaining the thought if in fact it would be possible to swap some exterior and interior parts to gain some of the 2015 Challenger's new look.I'm assuming due to the fact that the 2015 is built on the same platform that this may be a possibility.

Items such as the hood(a more accurate replica of the original 1971 version),front bumper,rear bumper,lower rear valence/skirt(which I feel highlights more of the 1971 rear quarter panel rise).Also like the way the valence comes up higher to the license plate cove and is molded around the exhaust tips to make a more flush and finished appearance.

As well,wondering if interior parts such as the center console,door panels ,to name a few, would be interchangeable.

Any shared knowledge from more experienced minds concerning these matters to others would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I bet they can

A good body shop can most certainly "Downgrade" your car. ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'd want to get the 2015 and put a 14 nose on it to get rid of the big smiling lower grill opening. Looks like something from the Car's movie!!!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm sort of thinking the tail lights might be an easy changeover. Need to see how different that bumper cover might be though. And if the lights are self-contained or if the car itself has had electrical changes to drive the LED's.

On the front, I do like the halo lights...but still wondering about the grille

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
There is only one proper way to upgrade to the 2015 look, and it's easy! Go down to your dealer, and trade in for a 2015! Done! No pissing around trying to slap together parts and make it work.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm actually thinking the opposite. Get a rt/392 and go 2014 style! If so I will put the parts on this site
That's the smartest thing I heard yet! I love my '13 RT and if it had a 392 it would be the perfect car for me!

·
Registered
577 Posts
The only thing that ever bugged me about the pre '15 cars was that squared off tall rear bumper. I never bought a Challenger because of it and put off buying one until that was corrected. On the older ones, that really would be the only thing I would change, (assuming it is possible). Not talking about the tail lights which are fine on either too.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
This one is FUNNY, Only in the good USA no wonder the rest of the world hates us.....................we are never satisfied...................................>:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
This one is FUNNY, Only in the good USA no wonder the rest of the world hates us.....................we are never satisfied...................................>:)
Ironically, I am sure you would have something negative to say about an American who hated an entire foreign country. Meanwhile you think its 'no big deal' the other way around. While I say this tongue in cheek, it is something to think about.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am getting my hellcat hood and bumper in the next few days... once i get those on I will be selling my 2015 SRT hood and front bumper...

So if someone was thinking of trying the earlier challenger to newer look style... this would be a great time to invest. All you would need is the headlights

I will be selling the hood for $1000 and not sure about the bumper yet... might part it out with selling the fog lights separate and also the front speed sensor...

not sure yet... if anyone is interested, let me know... im in the southern mississsippi/dallas tx area and will deliver for gas money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Interchangability

I was wondering What years of all parts would fit into a Factory NOS 2013 Body Shell?
I know where a New from the Factory Incomplete car is, and if I found a Wreck, what years would I be able to put the interior, undercarriage, and Drive train into it?

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I was wondering What years of all parts would fit into a Factory NOS 2013 Body Shell?
I know where a New from the Factory Incomplete car is, and if I found a Wreck, what years would I be able to put the interior, undercarriage, and Drive train into it?

At the very least, your window is 2011 to 2014 on most things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts