Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 rt and it has the 8.4 u connect with navi and all the goodies. I want to be able to use android auto and pair the phone with my car like on the newer models. My u connect button is on the far right of the screen now, the last app icon. Can I update the system so that the u connect app is in the middle of the screen and able to use android auto?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,652 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
I have a 2015 rt and it has the 8.4 u connect with navi and all the goodies. I want to be able to use android auto and pair the phone with my car like on the newer models. My u connect button is on the far right of the screen now, the last app icon. Can I update the system so that the u connect app is in the middle of the screen and able to use android auto?
short answer is no the '17+ use different make head units, different software.

franky with all the software glitches, compatibility with phones - I'm glad I have the '16 uConnect

the 17s and 18s have had many issues

ask any Jeep owner how bad it's been for them. I'd venture theres been some lemon law buy-backs over the issues

·
Registered
9 Posts
Frankly I looked and looked for a vehicle WITH the built in Nav on Uconnect...the Android thingie was a deal breaker for me...I have something similar on my 2018 Can-Am Spyder and where I live (on the fringes of a Verizon 'signal finger') it is worthless...no signal,no info....:confused:

2017 Challenger GT 'GO GREEN'...... 8 14 2019 ex small.jpg Not to change the thread, but I REALLY LOVE the Adaptive Cruise Control and Proximity Warning features...as well as all the gauges....Air Intake Temp?? Really???:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've got a 19 and it works well. There is an occasional hiccup but its fixed by reconnecting phone or restarting phone, as I suspect its wholly Android and not Uconnect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts