Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told this stainless exhaust is original off a 1st gen R/T Challenger.

I have my doubts, looks to be an aftermarket system
sold by Mopar back in the day.

What do the experts think?
Thanks.

Auto part Electronic device Metal Electronics accessory Font

·
Registered
591 Posts
I believe that's the Mopar sport exhaust that could be purchased from dealers (which was made for Dodge by Corsa). So, yeah, Mopar part, but not stock.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I believe this one is made by Borla and is close to their touring style system. It's a little dirty from sitting in a shed but is in excellent condition. If it drones bad, (the seller said it didn't) there is room to weld in some small bullet mufflers behind the rear tips. Trying to help my daughter who is a hard working college student on a tight budget with some cheap mods on her car. She's an old school musclecar lover and her Challenger R/T Classic is her pride and joy.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,115 Posts
I was told this stainless exhaust is original off a 1st gen R/T Challenger.

I have my doubts, looks to be an aftermarket system
sold by Mopar back in the day.

What do the experts think?
Thanks.

View attachment 1051225
I have this exact exhaust, sitting in my basement for the past 2 years, it is exactly that, an early Mopar aftermarket by Borla. It's meant for 6-speed cars that don't have MDS. Hell of a drone, with the auto in MDS!!I suppose it would work on the autos, if you deactivate the MDS (I did, but I upgraded to an ATAK Borla 2 years ago).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts