Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I push the unlock button on the remote keypad the doors unlock and the headlights go on for a few minutes. Is there any way to shut off this feature of having the headlights come on automatically when the unlock button is pushed?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Are these the Lambo doors, or the regular doors? :icon_rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
yep it's in the evic under personal settings

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Like others have stated, it should be in your EVIC -personal settings.

Dont know what model you have so its hard to confirm what to tell you.

(my line of work, "when all else fails, read the manual")

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Like others have stated, it should be in your EVIC -personal settings.

Dont know what model you have so its hard to confirm what to tell you.

(my line of work, "when all else fails, read the manual")

Good luck!
It looks like he just got his car this month and might not have a paper manual yet and if he's like me the electronic ones aren't very easy to use.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
It appears you have a 2010 challenger r/t, HO, manual trans. (NICE!)

Not sure if you DO have any sort of owner's manual or not, so......
you can download a free copy here:
My Dodge: Dodge Owners Service Manuals - Dodge Cars, Trucks, Minivans, SUVs, Wagons, Hatchbacks

Reading a LIMITED number of your posts indicated to me you probably dont have the EVIC. It would make things easier to set. I do believe there are instructions on how to change SOME settings as indicated in the owner's manual.

again,
Good Luck and Happy New Year

OH Yeah........CONGRATULATUIONS! on the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What the hell is EVIC and how do I know if the car has it? I just have the standard instrument panel and the display only shows the odo, trip, and temp.

If I don't have EVIC can I change these options or must I go to a dealer to hook the car up to that StarTrek computer thing?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
the EVIC gives you alot of info about the car like the tire presure in each tire and ect. You will have buttons like home and menu on the steering wheel if you have EVIC. I have an EVIC so I don't know how you do it without it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) does to much to type it all out but if you have a paper manual it starts on page 174. If not you can get them to send you one free if your the first owner of the car.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Page 22 of the Owner's manual says the following:

Flash Lights with Remote Key Lock

This feature will cause the turn signal lights to flash when the doors are locked or unlocked with the RKE transmitter. This feature can be turned on or turned off. Refer to“Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)/PersonalSettings (Customer-Programmable Features)” in “UnderstandingYour Instrument Panel” for further information.

When not using the EVIC, perform the following steps

1. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a programmed RKE transmitter for at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the LOCK button while still holding the UNLOCK button.

2. Release both buttons at the same time.

3. Test the feature while outside of the vehicle by pressing the LOCK/UNLOCK buttons on the RKE transmitter with the ignition switch in the OFF position and the Key Fob removed.

4. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to its previous setting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I don't have EVIC.

I'm not talking about the turn signals flashing, that I can program with the key fob.

I'm talking about the headlights coming on when I push the unlock button the keypad.

I don't see anything in the manual on how to program that without using EVIC and I don't have EVIC.

PS: What they call EVIC is nothing new. I know Cadillac and other high end cars had them in the early 1980s. I doubt they are accurate with the fuel economy calculations anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Well, I don't have EVIC.

I'm not talking about the turn signals flashing, that I can program with the key fob.

I'm talking about the headlights coming on when I push the unlock button the keypad.

I don't see anything in the manual on how to program that without using EVIC and I don't have EVIC.

PS: What they call EVIC is nothing new. I know Cadillac and other high end cars had them in the early 1980s. I doubt they are accurate with the fuel economy calculations anyway.
I don't think anyone said it was new just a neat thing to have. I could care less about MPG or I'ld have bought something alot cheaper than a Challenger RT.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
. . . I'm talking about the headlights coming on when I push the unlock button the keypad. . .
The 'lights on' feature when unlocking the doors can be set to 90, 60, or 30 seconds, or to off. For those with the EVIC, you can do it yourself.

For those without EVIC (like my car), the dealer has to do it.

Funny, I asked them to change my time from 90 seconds to 30 seconds when I had my car in for state inspection and they said okay. It was even on the service order. However, they never changed it and it remains 90 seconds. What a waste of battery power.

I'll ask again next November when I take my car in for state inspection.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....what's your point? Folks were just giving you an explanation of what it was since you asked "What the hell is EVIC and how do I know if the car has it?".

btw, EVIC does much more than simply estimate fuel mileage. There are a lot of things you can easily adjust within its menus (like the headlamp feature you're talking about) along with helpful information it provides (i.e. individual tire pressure (as mentioned), oil pressure, oil temperature, actual water temperature, volts, etc., etc.). Other things like the "0-60 timer" are just "neat" little features of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts