Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Please excuse this if it has been asked/answered before. I'm familiar with skip shift eliminators and the ability to turn the 1st -> 4th skip shift off with a predator. My question is, can the dealer also turn this feature off?

I'm not a fan of the skip shift eliminator and I've read a few posts that a predator tune isn't a huge benefit for a manual 6.1 without any performance mods. So buying one just to turn off the skip shift seems a bit pricey. I also don't like that it can only be used on one vehicle (I also have an 09 Ram 5.7).

Any information with regards to a dealer performing this for me is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I don't want the resistor. Thanks for the answer regarding dealer

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I am on very good terms with my dealer service manager, we used to work in the same store togther and he told me they were not able to do it. I believe he would have done it for me if it was possible because he stuck my skip-shift eliminator in for nothing when I had the car in for other service.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a fan of it because from what I understand, the car still shows the 1 -> 4 skip shift in the EVIC. It doesn't necessarily eliminate the problem, but rather bypasses it.

I'm very picky with those kinds of things and would prefer not to see that in the evic at all. I don't want to 'trick' the car. Please let me know if I'm wrong about this.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
No harm in "tricking" the car in my case. I've had the eliminator in mine for ~10,000 miles. The indicator comes on and a signal is sent to the solenoid. The resistor mimics the current load that the solenoid would produce and everything is happy.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks cruiserdan, I'm not worried about damaging the car at all. I just don't like seeing it, thats it. I know its a silly reason for a $20 fix for such a pain the ass. I'll probably end up doing it because I'll be seeing the 1 -> 4 message either way.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I never pay any attention to the EVIC. I'm too busy shifting and listening to the engine.....:lol:

After a while you won't even notice it.

I admit that sometimes I look for the message so I can shift into second when it thinks it can stop me......:lol:

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never pay any attention to the EVIC. I'm too busy shifting and listening to the engine.....:lol:

After a while you won't even notice it.

I admit that sometimes I look for the message so I can shift into second when it thinks it can stop me......:lol:
Yea fair enough, I guess I look at it after I get locked out of 2nd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts