Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can EVIC be added to a car without it ? The steering wheel controls are there already . Is it a plug in add on by the dealership? What do you think??

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
PM S/S Dodge

He has done a lot to his SE, and this is one of the things he has done

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can change your dash cluster to a EVIC SRT8 or R/T. I went to a SRT8 Cluster, I wanted the 180MPH Speedo and Higher RPM marked tach... now most of the functions work fine with out special programming. other than no compass ( You will need to add the home link in the overhead thats where the compass module is plus the garage door opener is nice to have - needs custom programming only for compass displays -- ) . the TPMS screen will not be there but basic low tire pressure warning still works. you will get the 0-60 timer, oil temp and pressure, personal settings, fuel economy meter is there but dosent work ( custom programming also to make work ) but no loss anyway. digital speedo and tach are there and work.
over all it is a worth while change just plug and play i would say 90 percent operation without doing anything other than installation. V6's have a oil pressure guage not working issue. but all the V8's work fine. Give it a try you will love it...

2010 Challenger R/T, Torred, 6sp, Track Pack
Mopar Exterior Appearance Group
Mopar Interior Appearance Group
K&N CAI, Diablo Sport Predator,
SRT8 Guage Cluster, Katzkin seats.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
My question is, can I just add steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to add 1/4 mile speed and digital speedo to my 2011RT, have evic.Who does "custom programing" you were referring to?

·
Registered
38 Posts
My question is, can I just add steering wheel controls?

Yes you can add just the steering wheel controls. go to the dealer and get the switches and wire harness. There is a TSB out for 2010 Challengers that did not get the switches installed at the factory and there is a kit with the 2 switches and wire harness it is a whole lot cheeper to buy it that way... the install is not to bad... remove air bag 2 bolts on back. remove silver blank plates on wheel ( they have clips on both sides use something flat ), remove cruze control stalk 2 screws, take 4 screws out of cover on back side of steering wheel cover ( let dangle ),
pull out old wire harness replace with new wire harness make shure not to pinch wires, put back together. now horn will not work. and switches will not light. go to dealer and have the sales code added for steering wheel controls and they will reflash the module and now everything works. you will spend about $ 100.00

·
Registered
38 Posts
I want to add 1/4 mile speed and digital speedo to my 2011RT, have evic.Who does "custom programing" you were referring to?
The EVIC has 0 - 60 time but i have not seen the 1/4 mi meter in the dash. you would need to buy a G-tech for that.
As far as custom programming you will need to look for some ont that has factory software, to make a custom flash file. I do not have it...

·
Registered
852 Posts
So if you have the steering wheel controls and want EVIC, all you have to do is buy a EVIC equipped cluster and plug-n-play???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will any evic challenger cluster work? I have a 6 speed. Do I need a cluster out of a mamual trans car or will one out of an automatic work too?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yes you can add just the steering wheel controls. go to the dealer and get the switches and wire harness. There is a TSB out for 2010 Challengers that did not get the switches installed at the factory and there is a kit with the 2 switches and wire harness it is a whole lot cheeper to buy it that way... the install is not to bad... remove air bag 2 bolts on back. remove silver blank plates on wheel ( they have clips on both sides use something flat ), remove cruze control stalk 2 screws, take 4 screws out of cover on back side of steering wheel cover ( let dangle ),
pull out old wire harness replace with new wire harness make shure not to pinch wires, put back together. now horn will not work. and switches will not light. go to dealer and have the sales code added for steering wheel controls and they will reflash the module and now everything works. you will spend about $ 100.00
I have a 2009 SE... possible without the module?

·
Registered
38 Posts
you might have to change the module on a 09... have the dealer pull up your VIN and check which module you have, and compair to a 2010 or a 09 that has the switches factory installed. that will let you know what needs to be done to add them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts