Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I’d have to change out some parts but I like AWD and want a Hemi, so can it be done?

Also, the concept AWD GT had a 5.7l so it may be possible.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,849 Posts
They made Chargers and Magnums and 300s that way, so it "can be done", but would be a ton of work now with newer transmissions.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,076 Posts
IMO would be cheaper and easier to just supercharge a GT. Would produce more power than a 5.7 and cruising mileage will not suffer. Buying a GT and swapping in a 5.7 (get a non-MDS version) sounds doable assuming you can get bell housing & converter that would work with the GT trans. Might need a custom mid pipe and not sure if the front cradle would require modification.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
AWD and the Hemi were only available with the 5 speed auto. It's never been available with the larger 8 speed so it must be tight because a lot of people would like that combo in the colder states.

·
Super Moderator
15,612 Posts
my concern would be the transfer case for the ZF might not be up to the torque (400 ft.lb.) that a 5.7 puts out.

all the of the AWD setups since the A8 came out have been V6 engines

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you guys are saying that a supercharger will actually make more hp than a bigger engine?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,076 Posts
So you guys are saying that a supercharger will actually make more hp than a bigger engine?
No experience in boosting a V6 but ripp claims 175HP gain...so yeah it will make more HP than a 5.7 but not as much torque.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
In this instant a S/C will produce more power or near the same power and be a much easier and cost effective solution given the platform you are working with. From my understanding v6 folks are making between 4-500 hp with a Ripp Super Charger setup. They are fairly easy to setup and can be tuned quite easily as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Another problem with a Hemi swap is the axle for the driver's side front wheel goes through a tunnel in the engine oil pan on the V6 GT I don't know if you could get or make a 5.7 hemi oil pan that would let the axle pas through.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
463 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts