Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new SCAT packs coming out, can I order one for my 2012 SRT?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
What about the SCAT pack cars would you like to add to your SRT8?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is my understanding that SCAT packs are stages of tuning.

Scat Package 1 brings a re-tuned engine calibration, a cold-air intake, cat-back exhaust, and a Scat Package 1 badge.

Scat Package 2 adds a further re-tuned ECU, a Mopar camshaft, and a Scat Package 2 badge.

Scat Package 3 mixes Mopar ported and polished heads, high-flow exhaust headers, and an ECU tune to suit its specific upgrades; of course, a Scat Package 3 badge is included.

The thing I'm unsure on is if they will have something for the 392.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
It is my understanding that SCAT packs are stages of tuning.

Scat Package 1 brings a re-tuned engine calibration, a cold-air intake, cat-back exhaust, and a Scat Package 1 badge.

Scat Package 2 adds a further re-tuned ECU, a Mopar camshaft, and a Scat Package 2 badge.

Scat Package 3 mixes Mopar ported and polished heads, high-flow exhaust headers, and an ECU tune to suit its specific upgrades; of course, a Scat Package 3 badge is included.

The thing I'm unsure on is if they will have something for the 392.
They're only for the 5.7 RT Challengers. You SRT guys already have plenty of power! I know, there is never enough...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, you R/T guys will have the 392 for the '15s! New top dog coming...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
As MuscleCarProf said, these packs are for 5.7 R/T's. You can always through in a supercharger and make your own scat pack, it'll be cheaper too lol. Considering that stage 3 (for the R/T of course) is somewhere near $9k if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
413 Posts
As MuscleCarProf said, these packs are for 5.7 R/T's. You can always through in a supercharger and make your own scat pack, it'll be cheaper too lol. Considering that stage 3 (for the R/T of course) is somewhere near $9k if I'm not mistaken.
I thought one of the new trim packages was an rt 392 scat pack. Did I misread that in the press release with all the different trim options?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I thought one of the new trim packages was an rt 392 scat pack. Did I misread that in the press release with all the different trim options?
Yes, you are right but the OP was referring adding the scatpack upgrades to his 2012 SRT. The 2015's R/T Scat Packs will have the 392 as you mentioned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts