Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 18 sxt. And I drive it pretty hard and have warped several pairs of rotors. Larger rotors and calipers and brackets would be on an R/T or am I wrong? And if so can I just buy those components and swap them over, or am I underestimating the job? If not does anyone know of an affordable kit out there?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sure ya' can, OE calipers/rotors in sets.
Wheels big enough?
I believe all the dual calipers came on 20 inch wheels.

Do you really think swapping will solve problem?

I would bet not prepping new ones (like most folks) or maybe stopping hard and staying stopped?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,304 Posts
I have 18 sxt. And I drive it pretty hard and have warped several pairs of rotors. Larger rotors and calipers and brackets would be on an R/T or am I wrong? And if so can I just buy those components and swap them over, or am I underestimating the job? If not does anyone know of an affordable kit out there?
What Rotors are you using and Pads?

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Sure ya' can, OE calipers/rotors in sets.
Wheels big enough?
I believe all the dual calipers came on 20 inch wheels.

Do you really think swapping will solve problem?

I would bet not prepping new ones (like most folks) or maybe stopping hard and staying stopped?
Oh boy. This doesn't seem right, but I agree with you Tim.

The 2 piston brakes on an SXT are quite nice. They only came with the 20" wheels as Tim mentioned. I however, have had my 18" donut spare on the front of my car, so 18" wheels will clear the 2 piston brakes.

Having said that, when you nail the brakes at high speed and never let off the brake pedal, you risk being in the situation you are in, regardless of how many pistons the brakes have.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's not the riding.
It's installing them right, running them in.
And then if you do have a panic stop, rolling until things cool off again - not stopping and sitting with foot on the brake.
Hard to ask of humans, but what it takes...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When they were installed there was no issue a couple months down the road is when it starts again. But ill keep it in mind I was just hoping for more stout rotors with the dual prison callipers. More even of a mating surface

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed
55 Posts
If you can wait a couple of weeks you can have my rt brakes. Just pay shipping unless you are close to phoenix or tucson. I have the hellcat brembos (and spindles) ready to go on but I'm traveling right now and won't have time to do the swap until just after the 4th. 18k miles on the calipers/lines. Pads are new, rotors in good shape (almost perfect).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you can wait a couple of weeks you can have my rt brakes. Just pay shipping unless you are close to phoenix or tucson. I have the hellcat brembos (and spindles) ready to go on but I'm traveling right now and won't have time to do the swap until just after the 4th. 18k miles on the calipers/lines. Pads are new, rotors in good shape (almost perfect).
Wow that's awesome thank you so much. I will gladly do that. I am not in a rush and will wait for you. I am not as close to you as I would like. I am in Brooklyn NY. For more contact information [email protected] at your leisure again thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts