Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 7 inch screen in my R/T. It’s got the super track pak and a sport mode button. Is there anyway besides upgrading to an 8.4” screen to access the configuration for the steering firmness etc they go along with the super track pak? I’ve looked at the Tazer but it doesn’t really touch on how it would work with someone who only had the 7” screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
What happens when you hit the super track pack button? I will admit I have the 8.4 screen but when I hit that button, the options to change the steering firmness on both normal and sport mode become available.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would say no the UI is programmed in the head unit and FCA is not going to allow the system be hacked. As the years go by more and more of the vehicle operations will be controlled by the head unit..

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
The 7.0 will have to be swapped for an 8.4 and not sure anyone has done this yet on a 2018. Maybe check with OEM Radios.

What happens when you hit the super track pack button?
He won't have the STP button because of the 7.0 radio, you need the 8.4 to get it. Same dilemma for the 5.0 radio folks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wonder if the dealer is able to make these changes - like let's say I want to firm the steering when in Sport mode - right now I can't do that but I wonder if a dealer tech could connect one of their tools and make the optional changes that I'd like. Or would they say "TS - you need to get an 8.4" screen to do any of that." I mean a computer is a computer. The 8.4" screen is just and interface - it doesn't store these settings the PCM/BCM or whatever CM stores this info. It's got to be accessible somehow or else the Tazer would not even be for sale.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
I can't remember the details but if you search for threads about swapping to the 8.4 radio or Super Track Pack with the 5.0 radio some threads will come up.

This has been an issue since the big and little radios first came out in 2015, you need the 8.4 radio to get this to work. The dealer will be of no help. Will need another radio and I don't know anyone who has done this on 2018. Check with OEM Radios, if anyone would know it's them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts