Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a bluetooth phone and got it paired with the car, very easy. Now the question is,,, can it send a text message by you speaking into the mike? If not How hard could that be????

Wouldn't that be pretty cool? I have not texted very much before I got a keyboard phone( took me 5 minutes to reply "OK" on a normal phone) so it wasn't a big deal but it is alot easier to text a quick question than to call...

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Awaiting a response from the masses, but I believe the answer is, "No."...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What kind of phone do you have? the Radio isn't capable of it, but if your phone is (android phones have a voice command system to Send Text, Send Message, etc) it may work. Android phones do let you send voice controls over bluetooth headsets, so I'd think it might be possible... I don't have the hands free option so I can't verify though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of phone do you have? the Radio isn't capable of it, but if your phone is (android phones have a voice command system to Send Text, Send Message, etc) it may work. Android phones do let you send voice controls over bluetooth headsets, so I'd think it might be possible... I don't have the hands free option so I can't verify though.

Nothing fancy, an LG Cosmos. I don't really need to voice text but thought if the radio could do it that would be pretty cool. If I really need to get ahold of someone that bad I'll just call them or better yet just drive over to them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts