Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To install the SRT front chin spoiler on my 2016 R/T Plus i'm sure it was discussed before my Dodge dealership is telling me I have to replace my belly pan

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
The front belly pan has to be replaced - it has the ducts for front brakes. I'm not certain if the main (large) belly pan is shaped differently due to this.

The R/T spoiler is very abbreviated (compared to the Scat Pack / SRT version) and the belly pan for the SXT / R/T may have a different shape to it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front belly pan has to be replaced - it has the ducts for front brakes. I'm not certain if the main (large) belly pan is shaped differently due to this.

The R/T spoiler is very abbreviated (compared to the Scat Pack / SRT version) and the belly pan for the SXT / R/T may have a different shape to it.
you wouldn't happen to have the part number handy would you?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,783 Posts
Quote from Luke at link I posted

no, thats only thing you need, on most the ducts will not work, the electrical power steering unit is in the way
Sure sounds like you don't need it?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
you wouldn't happen to have the part number handy would you?
Poking around on the online parts listings:
-compared:
>'15 R/T (5.7), smaller front spoiler is used on SXT, R/T trim
>'15 Scat Pack (6.4) larger front spoiler w/ canards

the main belly pan (under-body shield) is the same part # 4806074AI for both models

The front belly pans (front splash shield)
R/T: 68085541AC

SP: 68242934AC

so that's the difference is having the front brake air ducts on the SP / SRT392.

BTW - the electric steering rack - list of $2.8K! wow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts