Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we know the driver-side headlamp was removed to allow for air intake, whats on the passenger-side headlamp? It looks like a plastic black cover. Can anyone clarify? Is it just a facade cover?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Saw one in person this evening, asked the handler and she said it is fake...a dummy insert that looks like a projector style light, only on the passenger side-seemed weird, but true...one would think they would have made the passenger side the same cold air intake as the driver side, and just ducted it to the oil cooler or some other cooling hardware

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I don't really think it looks right with the dummy headlight. I think they should have hollowed out the passenger side and put an oil/brake/powersteering cooler there that gets cooled off.

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
I thought I saw and interview that it was going to be for the ACC and or front facing camera, but they could not get it to work, so now its just blank..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Pictures I took of the passenger side and driver side headlamps on the Hellcat at Carlisle. From what I was "told by the Dodge people" there, the ACC eyeball will be in the center of the lower grill and behind the rear view mirror, same as it is on the other models, for automatic transmission cars only, not on the manual trans (to be confirmed when the production car actually shows up at a dealer for sale).

Attachments

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
Hopefully its not a standard feature on the hellcat then. I do NOT want that cyclops looking thing all up in my grill!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's kinda sad it's not anything functional.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How have they addressed the potential for things/liquids getting sucked into the hollowed out driver side? Is this a concern?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
In terms of rain getting onto the intake filter, I doubt any decent filter media would let any large amount of water through and even then the heat of the motor should cause it to evaporate before anything catastrophic happens to it. The only time I've ever seen something negative happen with stuff like this is when you submerge the filter.

·
Super Moderator
17,345 Posts
Saw one in person this evening, asked the handler and she said it is fake...a dummy insert that looks like a projector style light, only on the passenger side-seemed weird, but true...one would think they would have made the passenger side the same cold air intake as the driver side, and just ducted it to the oil cooler or some other cooling hardware

Troy - you have to post the pic of the Hellcat "swallowing" you infant daughter's foot into the grille intake port.

It will be a sensation.

I suggested to the Chrysler folks to get one of those "Intake" decals made up like the Air Force and Navy put on their fighter jets...scale it down and stick in on the black facia on the front...just on the pilot Hellcat for giggles.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe there was an update on the ACC and on the Hellcat its been removed, said it wouldn't work properly in the passenger light area (they tried) and they didn't want it in the lower grill because they needed maximum cooling. So no ACC. I wouldn't worry about water or liquid getting into the ram air, I had a 01 TA with ram air never had an issue. You may need to pull the filter from time to time to make sure its clean from leaves and debris if you daily drive.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Sounds like an area for future mod! Get a drivers side light with the hole in it and put it on the passenger side...then route the air to the intake or to one of the coolers! Doing this...

Reactions: RHARLOW0045

·
Registered
155 Posts
Troy - you have to post the pic of the Hellcat "swallowing" you infant daughter's foot into the grille intake port.

It will be a sensation.

I suggested to the Chrysler folks to get one of those "Intake" decals made up like the Air Force and Navy put on their fighter jets...scale it down and stick in on the black facia on the front...just on the pilot Hellcat for giggles.
Feeding the Hellcat...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.