Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just recently passed away. God bless his soul. He always tLked about having a chevy nova when he was younger then changed it to charger then camero then Plymouth. So obviously he forgot what kind it was. I am proud of my dad for taking care of us and always working hard for us and also proud that i am into and old looking but modern muscle car like my scatty. Anyway i found 2 pictures of the car and it shows the name but i have a hard time making it out. Im sure someone here is probably going to look at it and be able to tell what it is right away. Id like to know what my dad drove. Thanks guys hope you are having a good afternoon and if your old folks are still around, give them a hug and tell em you love em.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
That's a third generation Charger. I'm not a expert on those, but I'm thinking it's a 74 or possibly a 73.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
That's a third generation Charger. I'm not a expert on those, but I'm thinking it's a 74 or possibly a 73.
I agree. It looks like a base 1973 Dodge Charger (i.e., not an R/T or SE). It probably had a 318 V8 engine. Note the Charger script above the protective trim below the side mirror, in your photo. Also, note the distinctive chrome molding around the rear window.

Here is a photo of a 1973 model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree. It looks like a base 1973 Dodge Charger.

I agree. It looks like a base 1973 Dodge Charger.

Thank you guys so much.

·
Registered
958 Posts
from looking at the options on the car I think it's a 73 SE with the A58 Halo roof option(also includes belt moulding, roll down quarters, and deletes the louvered quarter windows). That particular option was only available in 73, at least according to my white books.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
from looking at the options on the car I think it's a 73 SE with the A58 Halo roof option(also includes belt moulding, roll down quarters, and deletes the louvered quarter windows). That particular option was only available in 73, at least according to my white books.
Thank you :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts