Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I've seen it done but the switches for the heated seats were different from factory. My guess is that S/S Dodge could figure out how to do it and make it look 100 percent stock.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
programming for the heated seats might be a problem for the dealer. not sure that sales code is available on your car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the dealer take out the cloth and install the single tone leather in my R/T as part of the deal. They replaced the front, back, and all 4 door card inserts. Took them about a day. Did not ask for heated seats though...

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I had the stealership remove the cloth seats and they did Katzskin leather with both seats with heaters. Came out great. Wife is buying for christmass I get the head rest with RT done in Red and doing some trim in red to break it up some inside. Too much black. Im going to do the roll cage powdercoated in tored also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know Mopar has a seat heat kit for the Jeeps & trucks... & the 300/Charger I believe so they likely have a kit for the Challenger as well -

I am sure it requires an update to the computer once installed so the car can deal with this extra item without triggering a code

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
okay, i looked into how you can add heated seats to your challenger. a friend gave me his center dash bezel with the seat heater switches. he changed to the carbon fiber one and gave me the silver bezel. (thanks Pat)

after snooping around under the dash, i found the connectors for the left and right heater switches. i routed them to the center dash area and plugged them into the switches. i then enabled the front heated seats in the TIPM.

the switches are now powered and light up when the headlamps are on. since i don't have the heater pads under the leather, the switches don't do anything more than light up.

i have another car, an '06 magnum sxt with non heated leather interior. i have spare heated leather seats and the switches for that car. i will install it, program it and see if it works. then we will know if the dealer can add factory heated leather interior.

to be continued...

·
Registered
28 Posts
You would have to be completely insane to have a dealership do any work on your car like that. Their rates are rediculous.

I'm having both my front seats done in 2-tone leather. Cost is $450 at this shop run by these Mexican guys. They did the entire interior of my other car for $1,500 that dealers were quoting me $7,000 on. And their work is phenominal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts