Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack triple nickel 6 speed manual.
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys unless there is a setting I missed could we please do as the title says...I’m on a lot of different forums and this one is the only one that the first page in the thread is the oldest....I just opened a thread to read on this sight and the first page was 10;years old...I had to jump to page 320 and read backwards ( page 319,318,317..ect.) to read the latest... just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The threads with the newest replies are on the first page. The 10 year old thread still gets replied to and that's why it's on the front page.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thread will be a perfect example...it’s in general discussion section...when you scroll to this thread (which will be on top once I post this) it will have only one page to it. After around 15 responses another page to this thread will start (page 2)...page one will have the oldest posts.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,076 Posts
This forum is, and always has been, in Ascending order. Original post is 1st, and all posts follow, so yes, the newest post is the last one on the last page. Some forums allow you to swap that, but this is the most common forum order. Every forum I have been a member of defaults to this order

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,076 Posts
The threads with the newest replies are on the first page. The 10 year old thread still gets replied to and that's why it's on the front page.
He is not talking thread listing, he is talking post listing within a thread, Threads within a forum the newest is always at top. This is also common default setting on forums

A Guy

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
He is not talking thread listing, he is talking post listing within a thread, Threads within a forum the newest is always at top. This is also common default setting on forums

A Guy
Check. I've never seen that option on any of my other forums. Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,904 Posts
When you log into challenger talk / Challenger Talk.com that takes you to the Main page of Current Discussion going on aka Default opening page!!!

Now if you click on the Right Side and choose Full Form Listing You get this

If you open a Topic in general its scrambled unless you go into the order or Revelace of how things are displayed

You Cant Current only click on the main Opening Page all current going Discussion that have been recently posted or replied to shows only!!!! Even if a topic is old if its just recently replied to its on the current discussion as to when last discussed. Thats it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about just make the current page (say page 320) be the first loaded page and the original page (page 1) that is ten years old be the last page

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,188 Posts
Or you could just do like the rest of us do and accept the way it is. Logically, it is usually preferable to have a starting point for a thread. I don’t want to have to navigate backwards to find out what all the discussion is if I don’t have a reference of what the original post is about. You mentioned having to go to Page 320 of a thread. These things usually take lots of twists and turns along the way. It’s like reading the last page of a 320 page book and thinking you can know the whole story from just that page.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,076 Posts
How about just make the current page (say page 320) be the first loaded page and the original page (page 1) that is ten years old be the last page
If you have never read the thread, you will be taken to the first/oldest post. If you have read the thread previously, when you click on the title, you will be taken to the first unread post in that thread

There is no choice to take you to the last post made unless you mark the thread read first

A Guy

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By the time a thread reaches hundreds of pages the original discussion has been altered dozens of times....all good, just bring up a point that I think needed to be studied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.