Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i was wondering if it is possible to play videos on the 8 inch u connect radio on the new challengers. I don't really want to play videos via my phone. I want to be able to plug my Portable hard drive with all my movies in it into the USB or SD Card slot and play it off of that. Is this possible. And if it is not can you please tell me a an alternative

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's against the law to text and drive, drink and drive, and drive 100MPH on public roads, but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

I'd like to be the lawyer on the case against the driver that was playing "Showgirls" on the U-Connect when the accident happened.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
And I am sure the attorney for the defense will plead affluenza.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/affluenza

I have mygig lockpick on my GC and we used it once (not on the road of course) when we were camping.

I bought one of these pico projectors and project movies on the wall of the tent instead. I always thought it would be cool to install a projector in one of the open turn signals and have it project informative content (i.e. history of the challenger or footage of drag races) onto a transparent screen during a car show. Or have it project footage of a MC who presents all of the features of the car.
AAXA LED Pico Projector - DLP Hand-held Mini Projector - LED Pocket Projector

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You took your Challenger camping? And then sat inside to watch movies? Kinda defeats the purpose of "getting away from it all". I did some off-the-grid cabin camping/hunting in Maine the last two falls (Moosehead lake area). No phones, no electricity, just a week of peace, quiet, some damn fine grouse hunting, and more than a few fine Canadian beers.

I think JohnRambo punked us. Nobody would really try to play their movies on their UConnect while driving. I hope.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
You took your Challenger camping? And then sat inside to watch movies? Kinda defeats the purpose of "getting away from it all". I did some off-the-grid cabin camping/hunting in Maine the last two falls (Moosehead lake area). No phones, no electricity, just a week of peace, quiet, some damn fine grouse hunting, and more than a few fine Canadian beers.

I think JohnRambo punked us. Nobody would really try to play their movies on their UConnect while driving. I hope.
It was not the challenger...it was my grand cherokee...and the only person who enjoyed the experience was my youngest. The wife and kids are so city-fied they can't survive without some type of electronic viewing device. Although, I do like watching horror flicks outdoors...sure beats the "scary" campfire stories.

Now on the challenger, I don't use the radio or HVAC....I just roll the windows down and listen to the engine convert the dino juice into sweet music! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Chally Tatum

Only reason I'd ever take my Challenger on a camping trip, is that I'd be able to get the hell away from there as fast as I could. I f'n HATE camping! :thdown:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Check this photo and link. This is where I camp on Moosehead Lake in Maine, in October. If I ever disappear from civilization, this is where I'll be. Off the grid. No electricity or running water (hand pump pulls lake water inside for kitchen sink). Propane for lights and to power the refrigerator (gotta keep the beer and red-meat cold). Challenger can't go there....that's why I have a RAM. HEMI sounds great, echoing over this lake.

Spencer Pond Camps - Lintongan - *The Home of Spencer Pond Camps

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello i was wondering if it is possible to play videos on the 8 inch u connect radio on the new challengers. I don't really want to play videos via my phone. I want to be able to plug my Portable hard drive with all my movies in it into the USB or SD Card slot and play it off of that. Is this possible. And if it is not can you please tell me a an alternative
Yes it is possible. With the movie on full screen mode hit the button to turn off the screen, and once you're going faster than 5mph you can turn the screen back on, and the movie will play. Every time you slow down below 5mph you have to turn the screen off again until you're back above 5mph again...

·
Registered
13 Posts

That's like buying a Challenger and not be able to drive it at full speed when you want because you're in the US....lol. Something to just show off at traffic lights. It's depressing when I think about it, but luckily I'm in Germany... servus!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,179 Posts
There is a way to get YouTube working on an early build of Android Auto

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,171 Posts
That's like buying a Challenger and not be able to drive it at full speed when you want because you're in the US....lol.
Oh you can take the Challenger full speed in the US...just don't expect to be home for dinner if caught.

Although if I lived in Germany with a Redeye and took the Autobahn to work I would hope my work is less than 11 minutes. That is the time it takes to drain the tank while running at top speed. I would also ask my boss for a raise with the $5.86/gallon fuel cost. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh you can take the Challenger full speed in the US...just don't expect to be home for dinner if caught.

Although if I lived in Germany with a Redeye and took the Autobahn to work I would hope my work is less than 11 minutes. That is the time it takes to drain the tank while running at top speed. I would also ask my boss for a raise with the $5.86/gallon fuel cost. :D
About 6 or 7 years ago the price was around the equivalent of $7 a gallon, but I manage. I keep costs down by not driving faster than 135mph. When I visit family in NC I get frustrated because everyone is driving so slow, but I guess you get used to it. After 10 years and 9 months here I could never go back to driving an the highway at 65mph... that dog just ain't gonna hunt :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts