Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to regret ordering this radio other than for looks. Am I missing something? Is there not a way to connect your iPhone and upload the music files to the hard drive? Or can you only stream them or play them through the USB? Do I need to make CDs in iTunes and then upload them that way? Thanks. Just another gripe though. I got a bunch of concerts on DVD and boy was I upset when I learned you couldn't play DVDs while moving with that lock pick thing. What's the point of the DVD player?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't think there is any way to upload directly from your Apple device. Most of my music is MP3 so I simply copy from a USB stick to the HD.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I've been reading. Thanks. Thought I may have misunderstood. So you just copy your songs to a thumb drive (in mp3 format) and upload them that way? When you go to add more do you have to make sure you deleted the thumb drive so it doesn't double upload songs or can you choose song by song to download?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to know if there's a way to take and download my iTunes music on to my HDD???

·
Registered
81 Posts
From iTunes, you can drag and drop each individual song onto a USB stick. Plug the stick into the radio and upload the songs.

I haven't found a way to select multiple songs or select a playlist and copy to the stick from iTunes. Nor have I been able to move songs off an iPod directly to the radio.

This works on my 2013 430N RHB radio.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
373 Posts
i have the 430, i just stuck a whole bunch of mp3s on a hard drive and plugged in to the radio via usb and transferred them that way, but i also have my phone synced by bluetooth to the radio and stream that way. i like it better than the hard drive option but thats me

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Im starting to regret ordering this radio other than for looks. Am I missing something? Is there not a way to connect your iPhone and upload the music files to the hard drive? Or can you only stream them or play them through the USB? Do I need to make CDs in iTunes and then upload them that way? Thanks. Just another gripe though. I got a bunch of concerts on DVD and boy was I upset when I learned you couldn't play DVDs while moving with that lock pick thing. What's the point of the DVD player?
With a Lock Pick, you can definitely play the DVD player while driving. Might need to convert those I-tunes to MP3's, this makes it super easy. Once converted, drag them to a thumb drive and load them onto the Hard Drive.

www.freemake.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts