Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curios if you can run some hose from the passenger headlight vent into the air filter box if you cut a custom hole in the box. I also want to use the driver side headlight vent too. So you would be looking at a Hellcat bottom half of the air filter box connected to the driver side headlight air vent and also connected with hose to the passenger side. Just thinking more air is better, but I truly have no idea so I thought I would just drop this here for the pros.

I'm working with a 2017 5.7 RT Challenger

Thanks for any impute.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I opened both on my Scat Pack. I just opened the passenger side to get some cooler art under the hood. I put a DIPS screen on both to keep the garbage out. I figured with the Hellcat I didn't need it with the vented hood.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sure, you can do that. It would be more for a cool custom/individual thing and to keep the air cooler going into the intake, not for "more air". Otherwise, an aftermarket CAI with no box at all would be better for more air. But, then you have a little warmer intake air temps to deal with. It's really more of a personal preference deal, IMO.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
Yes. On my driver's side, I did a "DIY" Hellcat intake. On the passenger side, I opened it up and simply used same tubing from Autozone to direct the air.

No DIP screen needed, unless you want the look of one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts