Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNBREAKABLE_AUTO

This goes on the break pedal. How hard would it be for a thief to cut the break or clutch pedal off? Can they drive with a cut one?

Will my cart start if the battery in my fob is dead? I dont have push start, I have to actually put the plastic big key in and turn it. JW if either would shut your car down if the battery dies while driving in the fob and it didnt sense one anymore.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Yeah, I think I still have one of those in my shed 'cause they're useless. In all my years in automotive, I've never heard of any car booster (thief) cutting the brake pedal. Just keep it locked and keep it insured to the teeth.

Jack

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think I still have one of those in my shed 'cause they're useless. In all my years in automotive, I've never heard of any car booster (thief) cutting the brake pedal. Just keep it locked and keep it insured to the teeth.

Jack
Wouldnt it be hard to steal since they have to bend down to cut it?

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
If you're concerned about your car being stolen, then buy one. Remember, thieves are too concerned about being gentle or conscientious about boosting your car.

Jack

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
thats what insurance is for. Half the time i don't even bother locking the car, i'd rather they reach in and take what they want than to break the window. Feel sorry for you people that have to worry about stolen cars.

·
Banned
664 Posts
Wouldnt it be hard to steal since they have to bend down to cut it?
Yeah if the theif has a bad back :notallthere:. You could secure it the way they did jeeps when I was in the Army, run a log chain from the brake pedal to the steering and pad lock it. You can not push in on the brake and the steering wheel can only turn so far with a chain on it.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Your fob battery can be dead and if you insert the fob the car will start.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is what I use

The Denver Boot

While I wouldnt use one everyday, times when the car will be left a few days might be good to have one of these? Would I need the truck version for a 20 inch rim?

So the chip in the fob works with a dead battery? I got a quote for a kill switch direct to the fuel pump so I am also going to go that route.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah if the theif has a bad back :notallthere:. You could secure it the way they did jeeps when I was in the Army, run a log chain from the brake pedal to the steering and pad lock it. You can not push in on the brake and the steering wheel can only turn so far with a chain on it.
That won't really work either, just have to cut the steering wheel with a hack saw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts