Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that's ordered the IE either received their car or have word on when it's due to arrive at their dealership?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The white IE I was waiting for has arrived at my southern Ontario dealership on Feb 9th. The blue one they ordered has an ETA of Feb 11th but that may change. I can't wait to see them both side by side and choose WHITE OR BLUE.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Exciting Times...

White or Blue 392 - exciting times! looking forward to some pictures and your impressions of this new beast! Zeb

·
Registered
526 Posts
Islington Chrysler in Toronto will be getting 4 in shortly check out the "autotrader.ca" its updated every thursday,want to head down there myself and check it out,any ideas what Mopar will have on display at the canadian auto show in Toronto which starts on the 18th going with freinds regardless

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to see the white IE that arrived at my dealer in Ontario Canada on Saturday. An absolutely stunning car!! Slight amount of wrinkles in the seats but not bad. I asked my dealer to just unload it off the truck and not to touch a thing until I saw it which he did. Due to weather conditions during transport there were many small 'pebbles' sitting under the hood and around the trunk area. I'm just wondering if anyone else saw their car prior to detailing? I didn't notice any damage and I am very picky but I do wear glasses. I was expecting to see an etched mopar logo on the rear quarter glass, which was not there....maybe it's just for the guys in the US. I was expecting the striping to be closer to the colour of the blue in the seats but it was darker. Does anyone know if the colour of the stripe on the white one is the Deep Water Blue colour? I saw the dash plaque but in my hurry to get there to see the car my wife forgot the camera. I agree that it was smaller than I expected but still very cool. In Canada we have to have a licence plate on the front and rear of our cars....my dealer did not attach the front licence plate holer (thank god) because it would be right in the centre of the front bumper stripes. He is willing not to mount it if I sign a waiver, which I will. I wonder how long it will be before I get a ticket for no front licence plate? I noticed what I think is a catch can on the PVC line, does anyone know if that is true? There was a caution sign sitting on the front passengers seat which said "danger use slow accelleration when loading and unloading this vehicle" Wonder how many cars were damaged before they added the sign. Now just waiting for the blue one to arrive and I'm going to take one of them home. Really great looking car. Spring can't come fast enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to my dealer - I'm out in BC - my car is in D status - hasn't even been built. I told him that IE's were turning up at Canadian dealers in Ontario and it seems you guys tend to get everything early.

I had a very, very specific reason for buying this car. My son was born on the 7th of this month and the car is actually for him, to commemorate the year of his birth. The people on the production line have agreed to sign the inside of the trunk plus a placard that I will them mount in his room.

My reason for getting this specific car is because it's the IE, and I don't want to touch it. I want it to remain completely stock and therefore retain its complete value. But I have to be honest that all this talk of the messed up leather is really pissing me off. My dealer has promised me that no matter what it will be taken care of to my satisfaction. But that will only add time to how much longer I'll have to wait. I am getting the car completely protected, the windows slightly tinted, etc. So it'll be a few days at least after the car gets here before I can get it.

In Ontario they must simply transport by truck. Your story worried me as I am also a massive stickler for that sort of detail. Being that I'm out west it'll come by train, but it'll be on a truck at some point. The shipping wax should help stop some of the damage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and as far as the plate thing is concerned - I didn't put one on my Plum Crazy Challenger and it was never a problem. They didn't make me sign anything either. The law is the same out here as it is there too.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I went to see the white IE that arrived at my dealer in Ontario Canada on Saturday. An absolutely stunning car!! Slight amount of wrinkles in the seats but not bad. I asked my dealer to just unload it off the truck and not to touch a thing until I saw it which he did. Due to weather conditions during transport there were many small 'pebbles' sitting under the hood and around the trunk area. I'm just wondering if anyone else saw their car prior to detailing? I didn't notice any damage and I am very picky but I do wear glasses. I was expecting to see an etched mopar logo on the rear quarter glass, which was not there....maybe it's just for the guys in the US. I was expecting the striping to be closer to the colour of the blue in the seats but it was darker. Does anyone know if the colour of the stripe on the white one is the Deep Water Blue colour? I saw the dash plaque but in my hurry to get there to see the car my wife forgot the camera. I agree that it was smaller than I expected but still very cool. In Canada we have to have a licence plate on the front and rear of our cars....my dealer did not attach the front licence plate holer (thank god) because it would be right in the centre of the front bumper stripes. He is willing not to mount it if I sign a waiver, which I will. I wonder how long it will be before I get a ticket for no front licence plate? I noticed what I think is a catch can on the PVC line, does anyone know if that is true? There was a caution sign sitting on the front passengers seat which said "danger use slow accelleration when loading and unloading this vehicle" Wonder how many cars were damaged before they added the sign. Now just waiting for the blue one to arrive and I'm going to take one of them home. Really great looking car. Spring can't come fast enough.
Alberta does not require front liscence plates :p Thank god we still appreciate the front end of a car here!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Congrats, is the Canadian version as nice as the Americans like it. What's your badge number and options?
I don't have the Canadian version. I bought my car in Kellogg Idaho. My badge number is 0252, it is the white with blue strips color scheme and I have the SRT2 Package which includes all the bells and whistles such upgraded audio with the kicker subwoofer. I have a manual and the manuals do not come with automatic start. Thanks man.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have #40 of 392, DWB, 6 spd. manual, Sunroof, SRT Group2, Nav, F1's, Interior Package. Picked it up Feb. 8 from Peel Chrysler.

Only beef about the car is the notchy shift in and out of 2nd gear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got mine today

Anybody have a 392 in the driveway yet?
Got mine today, number 11 of 392 for Canada, dealer also had number 233 of 392 in blue, I liked the white and the lower number.

I did not pre-order, dealer had it in two stock, now has just the blue left....

I would suspect that they have built all 392's for Canada by now as they where to be built all together in one run....

Your wait should soon be over...

Congrats

·
Registered
7 Posts
mathewgood, I was told that my 2011 DWB 392 IE was on a train in Medicine Hat, Alberta on route to Edmonton, Alberta as of last Monday. I am hoping I get my call this week to come pick it up.

cheers.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Got mine today, number 11 of 392 for Canada, dealer also had number 233 of 392 in blue, I liked the white and the lower number.

I did not pre-order, dealer had it in two stock, now has just the blue left....

I would suspect that they have built all 392's for Canada by now as they where to be built all together in one run....

Your wait should soon be over...

Congrats
Number 11, sounds good, would have went for that low a number too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got number 39 here in Newfoundland. Mine arrived about 3 weeks ago. She's still being stored as because of the snow is still on the ground. Can't wait to hear that beautiful sound when I start her up for the first time!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts